Topics

RigPi Hub

Robie

I’ve been reading a lot about this program which allows other programs to connect to your radio and control it via the RigPi device. Various programs have already been tested, according to info published on the RigPi group. However, DXLabs is not one of them. Are any discussions underway regarding testing DXLabs?

I’ll also inquire on the RigPi list as well!

Robie - AJ4F

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 04:30 PM, Robie wrote:

I’ve been reading a lot about this program which allows other programs to connect to your radio and control it via the RigPi device.
+ The primary focus appears to be transceiver control, logging, and DX spots via a web browser hosted on a computer, tablet, or phone.
Various programs have already been tested, according to info published on the RigPi group.

+ RigPi employs HamLib, so applications that support HamLib - WSJT-X and FLDigi - will interoperate with it.

+ RigPi also relays logging requests by sending N1MM-style log messages.

+ I see no synergy with DXLab.

Robie

Dave,

Thanks for the feedback!

It appeared to me that the RigPi and RigPi Hub might be an effective way to operate DXLabs remotely.  I don't have one on which to experiment and the RigPi Hub is not yet released!  Perhaps, i'm engaged in a bit of wishful thinking.  I'll provide relevant feedback as I learn more.

Thanks again!

Robie - AJ4F

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 05:06 PM, Robie wrote:

It appeared to me that the RigPi and RigPi Hub might be an effective way to operate DXLabs remotely.

+ Not at all.

+ Options for operating DXLab remotely are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemoteControl>

Robie

Dave,

Thanks - I'll investigate.