Topics

Rig Keys, No Audio/RF Out

k0is@...

I am using an ICOM 7610 and when I went to operate FT8 yesterday I found that something had evidently changed because now the rig is being keyed and goes into transmit mode but I have no modulation or RF out. I've gone through all settings in both WSJT-X and the 7610, seeing nothing out of line. The PTT Test in WSJT-X  does fail when done but I'm stumped on why and I'm sure, like usual, it's something staring me right in the face. I am running Windows 10 but the last update to that was over a week ago and I've done plenty of operating since with no issues.
--

Larry A.  K0IS

g4wjs

On 07/07/2020 14:55, k0is@... wrote:
I am using an ICOM 7610 and when I went to operate FT8 yesterday I found that something had evidently changed because now the rig is being keyed and goes into transmit mode but I have no modulation or RF out. I've gone through all settings in both WSJT-X and the 7610, seeing nothing out of line. The PTT Test in WSJT-X  does fail when done but I'm stumped on why and I'm sure, like usual, it's something staring me right in the face. I am running Windows 10 but the last update to that was over a week ago and I've done plenty of operating since with no issues.
--

Larry A.  K0IS

Hi Larry,

this is a WSJT-X or operating system issue, not related to DX Lab Suite. WSJT-X has its own support list (https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main).

As a first step please share with us the full error message from WSJT-X when you key the rig. You can conveniently copy the full error message box text to the Windows clipboard by hitting Ctrl+C as soon as the message box appears.

Bill

G4WJS.