Topics

Resetting sequences (buttons) attributes to match radio settings reset on startup

Norm - KC1BMD

I know I can reset the radio to defaults using the initial command sequence and that works well. I noticed that on Commander startup that although the radio settings were reset how I wanted them, the button LED color, labels and tooltips were not reset. Searching the site I found I could insert an additional command into the initial command sequence like <LED Q,color>, where Q is a number between 0 and 31 identifying the button to reset the color of the LED. So I also would have to insert two additional commands, one to reset the label and one to rest the tooltip, such that when Commander starts, or a new radio is selected, the radio will be reset to the desired defaults and the Commander display will match. Is there an easier way to do this or do I just grind out inserting all the commands?
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Norm - KC1BMD

Well, never mind, I just grinded it out by adding all the individual commands for one radio. Now I need to do the other. :)
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

I know I can reset the radio to defaults using the initial command sequence and that works well. I noticed that on Commander startup that although the radio settings were reset how I wanted them, the button LED color, labels and tooltips were not reset. Searching the site I found I could insert an additional command into the initial command sequence like <LED Q,color>, where Q is a number between 0 and 31 identifying the button to reset the color of the LED. So I also would have to insert two additional commands, one to reset the label and one to rest the tooltip, such that when Commander starts, or a new radio is selected, the radio will be reset to the desired defaults and the Commander display will match. Is there an easier way to do this or do I just grind out inserting all the commands?

+ There are no commands that set a range of LEDs, labels, or tooltips. In general, procedures that a user only has to execute once are low priority for optimization relative to everything else on the enhancement lists.

+ And even though the file format created when you save a sequence to a file is not documented, there's nothing stopping you from making a copy of one of those files, editing that copy with a text editor, and then loading that copy into a sequence in Commander.

Norm - KC1BMD

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 05:31 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ And even though the file format created when you save a sequence to a file is not documented, there's nothing stopping you from making a copy of one of those files, editing that copy with a text editor, and then loading that copy into a sequence in Commander.
Yes, that's exactly what I did. I only needed to take care that I didn't mess up the line spacing so it loaded correctly in Commander.

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD