Repeating entry for Note or Comment field when using Capture ?

As I still have a long way to go in grasping/understanding all the nuances of DXLab here is one that may have an easy explanation that I've not yet found.
So here goes:

DXK Capture panel open for logging a call.
I want to enter some repeating verbiage in either the Note or Comment field before I save the Q.

I know I can easily keep retyping the same information, but is it possible to have the information saved or ready for use on a repeating basis?

Events where I do such include:  13 Colonies, Route 66, SST, etc., etc..

I've created my own habit of entering "13 Colonies - 2021" in the Note or Comment field.  Similar for "Route 66 - 2021", "SST", etc., etc..

Suggestions?

--
73 - Nolan K.  -  ki5io

dxradio33

One way would be to highlight the text and copy it to the clipboard then paste it into the box using control 'V'

As I still have a long way to go in grasping/understanding all the nuances of DXLab here is one that may have an easy explanation that I've not yet found.
So here goes:

DXK Capture panel open for logging a call.
I want to enter some repeating verbiage in either the Note or Comment field before I save the Q.

I know I can easily keep retyping the same information, but is it possible to have the information saved or ready for use on a repeating basis?

Events where I do such include: 13 Colonies, Route 66, SST, etc., etc..

I've created my own habit of entering "13 Colonies - 2021" in the Note or Comment field. Similar for "Route 66 - 2021", "SST", etc., etc..

Suggestions?

+ The Comment item is intended to record information specific to its QSO, so no "default Comment" capability is provided. There are three ways you could repeatedly record identical information in a sequence of QSOs made during the same "on-air activity":

1. the "Contest ID" item (specify default value on the Configuration window's Contest tab)

2. the "QSL Msg" item (specify default value on the Configuration window's Defaults tab)

3. a user-defined item (specify default value on the Configuration window's "User Items" tab)

+ My advice is to configure a user-defined item named "on-air activity":

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#User%20Items%20tab

+ Set the item's "Style" to List, and create a text file containing the names of the on-air activities in which you participate. I recommend against including the year in the activity name, e.g. define

"13 Colonies"

+ rather than

"13 Colonies 2021".

+ Should you wish to filter the Log Page Display to contain only QSOs made during the 2021 "13 Colonies" activity, you'd use the SQL expression

(APP_DXKEEPER_USER_DEFINED_0 = '13 Colonies') and (YEAR(QSO_BEGIN)=2021)

Tnx for input.

Dave - the user-defined item w/list will work FB.

That direction/instruction certainly helps me to unpeel more about DXLabs and all the modules.

--
73 - Nolan K.  -  ki5io

That direction/instruction certainly helps me to unpeel more about DXLabs and all the modules.

+ The best way to learn about DXLab is to slowly scan the reference documentation for each application, one at a time. While scanning, ignore all the details, but jot down the names of any functions to which you'd like to later return. After completing this "top-level review", prioritize the list functions you've assembled, and return to the reference documentation and the task-oriented documentation as you implement each one.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

+ Don't expect to ingest all of this information over a weekend, or to instantly become as facile with DXLab as you were with its predecessor. There's a lot of functionality, and some of it is unique with respect to amateur radio software. Take your time, and enjoy the ride up the learning curve.

Alan Komenski

That was an enhancement that I suggested to Dave several years ago and he did additional as an enhancement. If something is entered in the user defined fields, one of which you can label “comments”, they will appear next time you work that station. I use that feature for comments, FOC or CW Ops number of a station, etc.

Alan - AC2K