Topics

Remove R from QSL sent box

Julio Peralta

Is there a way to remove the R from the QSL sent box for several QSO records at one time? I have a need to send just a couple of QSL’s to the buro and when I do an add requested about 10 QSO’s fill the window. I’m not sure how the R got placed in the sent box as I didn’t do it.

I only want to print one label and want to permanently remove the R from the QSL sent box of these others.

Julio, W4HY

Salvatore Besso

Julio,

make a log backup before doing any en masse update.

Filter the log for the QSOs you need to modify.

Then open the (ADV)anced dialog.

At bottom select the field to be "bulk" modified in the "Item name"
combo box, in this case QSL_Sent.

Select the new value in the "Item new value" combo box, in this case
nothing (NULL), leave the combo empty.

Click the Mod button to update.

Did I alredy mention to BACKUP THE LOG before doing this operation? :-)

Did I alredy mention to FILTER THE LOG before doing this operation? :-)

I guess that the (R)equested value is a default, but I don't remember if
there is a setting modifiable by the user.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

Julio Peralta

Thank you Salvatore that worked FB.

Julio

make a log backup before doing any en masse update.

Filter the log for the QSOs you need to modify.

Then open the (ADV)anced dialog.

At bottom select the field to be "bulk" modified in the "Item name"
combo box, in this case QSL_Sent.

Select the new value in the "Item new value" combo box, in this case
nothing (NULL), leave the combo empty.

Click the Mod button to update.

Did I alredy mention to BACKUP THE LOG before doing this operation? :-)

Did I alredy mention to FILTER THE LOG before doing this operation? :-)

I guess that the (R)equested value is a default, but I don't remember if
there is a setting modifiable by the user.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

I guess that the (R)equested value is a default, but I don't remember if there is a setting modifiable by the user.

+ There is: the "Preset QSL Requested" option on the "QSL Configuration" window's General tab.

+ WinWarbler provides a similar "preset QSL checkbox" option in the "QSO Info" panel on its Configuration window's Log tab.

Salvatore Besso

ah, that's it! I had seen that checkbox in DXKeeper, but it's for the
capture window that I don't use because I use only WinWarbler and I
forgot that it has a similar setting.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

Julio Peralta

Thanks for the info Dave, however neither box was checked. There were only 8
so not a big deal.

Julio

I guess that the (R)equested value is a default, but I don't remember if
there is a setting modifiable by the user.

+ There is: the "Preset QSL Requested" option on the "QSL Configuration"
window's General tab.

+ WinWarbler provides a similar "preset QSL checkbox" option in the "QSO
Info" panel on its Configuration window's Log tab.

Thanks for the info Dave, however neither box was checked. There were only 8 so not a big deal.

+ Were those QSOs originally logged by DXKeeper, or imported from another application?

+ Note that DXKeeper's Capture window provides a "QSL requested" box and WinWarbler's "QSO Info" panel provides a QSL box. If
checked, these boxes will result in the logged QSO having its "QSL Sent" item set to 'R'; this is typically used when your QSO
partner asks for a QSL card during the QSO.

Julio Peralta

Yes the QSO were logged by DXLab in the last 24 months. Neither of the boxes
you mentioned were checked. As I said there were only 8 that needed
correcting. I've gone back about 100 Q's in my log and don't see any other
incidences of the R appearing.

Julio

Thanks for the info Dave, however neither box was checked. There were only 8
so not a big deal.

+ Were those QSOs originally logged by DXKeeper, or imported from another
application?

+ Note that DXKeeper's Capture window provides a "QSL requested" box and
WinWarbler's "QSO Info" panel provides a QSL box. If
checked, these boxes will result in the logged QSO having its "QSL Sent"
item set to 'R'; this is typically used when your QSO
partner asks for a QSL card during the QSO.

Yes the QSO were logged by DXLab in the last 24 months. Neither of the boxes you mentioned were checked.

+ The question is whether they were checked - intentionally or otherwise - while you were logging those 8 QSOs.

Julio Peralta

I'm thinking otherwise since I do LOTW exclusively. Unless someone sends me
a QSL with a Pls QSL on it.

Julio