Remove old backups

Bob N3PPH

I looked but could not find any setting that would allow me to remove old backups automatically by number or date. I want to be able to keep 5 backups with the oldest being deleted automatically. My backup folder had many old backups.

73,
Bob N3PPH

Stephen Rabinowitz

The Macrium Reflect Free Edition has the capability you seek.
73, Steve K2SN

Sent from BlueMail

On Jul 21, 2021, at 11:44 AM, Bob N3PPH <n3pph@...> wrote:
I looked but could not find any setting that would allow me to remove old backups automatically by number or date. I want to be able to keep 5 backups with the oldest being deleted automatically. My backup folder had many old backups.

73,
Bob N3PPH

I looked but could not find any setting that would allow me to remove old backups automatically by number or date. I want to be able to keep 5 backups with the oldest being deleted automatically. My backup folder had many old backups.

+ DXKeeper's ability to create log backups and optionally do so on shutdown is provided to ensure that every user has the ability to prevent the loss of QSOs as a result of hardware or software problems. It is not a full-featured backup and recovery function, and never will be: it makes no sense for me to spend development cycles replicating what is already available at no charge. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery

+ So you can either manually delete the backups DXKeeper creates, or you can install a backup and recovery application with the appropriate automation.