Best Wishes

Brian G0VAX

Joe Subich, W4TV

Not that I've been able to find. One needs to go on-line and
select "reject all from this callsign" for each SWL report.

I typically reject them all since they lack the information that
has historically been required to establish a bonafide reception
(more than just "I heard you on yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm").

On 2021-08-14 5:27 AM, Brian Bowers G0VAX wrote:
Hi All,
Is there any way of rejecting SWL reports from EQSL?
Apologies if there are SWL's reading this. However, I don't wish to receive SWL reports.
Best Wishes
Brian G0VAX

Richard Hattaway

Is there any truth to the rumor that some countries use QSL's received by SWL's as a requirement for license ?  I've heard this many times but I have never actually seen it in writing from authoritative sources.

It's the only reason I reply to these things.. and then, as Joe says.. they have to have a call and report as well as time date frequency;  Then I have to look it up, which as all know, is a time consumer.  And then go thru the clunky procedure in eQSL to authenticate the SWL report, including the colon in the GMT time ( come on, eQSL, really ??? ) ..

So I'd love to not do anything with them either.. but I also don't want to cut short the dreams of an oppressed ham somewhere...

73
Dick

W4PID

Is there any truth to the rumor that some countries use QSL's received by SWL's as a requirement for license ?  I've heard this many times but I have never actually seen it in writing from authoritative sources.

It's the only reason I reply to these things.. and then, as Joe says.. they have to have a call and report as well as time date frequency;  Then I have to look it up, which as all know, is a time consumer.  And then go thru the clunky procedure in eQSL to authenticate the SWL report, including the colon in the GMT time ( come on, eQSL, really ??? ) ..

So I'd love to not do anything with them either.. but I also don't want to cut short the dreams of an oppressed ham somewhere...

+ I was about to post the same question, Dick. If the answer is "yes", do eQSL SWL confirmations "count" towards the requirement?

Ed W2LCQ

If someone half way around the world copies one of my CW QSOs and sends me a report I’m happy to send him my FRC club card and my NYC Statue of Liberty card in an envelope with a first class international stamp. It’s not all about me. I recently received an SWL report from a German fellow and it looked like he had a 70 foot tower in his backyard. The Europeans take SWLing seriously they even have their own SWL call signs. I remember fondly in the late ‘50s collecting foreign broadcast station QSL cards.

73, de Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club
BUG CWops (Life) LICWC (Life) SKCC FISTS QCWA ARRL RSGB

On Aug 14, 2021, at 1:54 PM, Richard Hattaway via groups.io <rhattaway@...> wrote:

Is there any truth to the rumor that some countries use QSL's received by SWL's as a requirement for license ?  I've heard this many times but I have never actually seen it in writing from authoritative sources.

It's the only reason I reply to these things.. and then, as Joe says.. they have to have a call and report as well as time date frequency;  Then I have to look it up, which as all know, is a time consumer.  And then go thru the clunky procedure in eQSL to authenticate the SWL report, including the colon in the GMT time ( come on, eQSL, really ??? ) ..

So I'd love to not do anything with them either.. but I also don't want to cut short the dreams of an oppressed ham somewhere...

73
Dick

W4PID

Ted Bauer

I suspect that those of us who started our interest in radio as SWLs are more likely to confirm complete SWL reports. SWL'ing was what got me interested in Ham radio and I am more than happy to acknowledge complete SWL reports. It's a bit like giving back and that's something we should not be averse to doing.

73
---
Ted   WA3AER

--
---
Ted   WA3AER

Stan Gammons

That's where I started back in the mid 70's. Still have all of the QSL cards from back then. Sadly, most international broadcaster are gone now.  I've had a few SWL reports on eQSL, but not that many.

73

Stan
KM4HQE

On 8/14/21 7:29 PM, Ted Bauer wrote:
I suspect that those of us who started our interest in radio as SWLs are more likely to confirm complete SWL reports. SWL'ing was what got me interested in Ham radio and I am more than happy to acknowledge complete SWL reports. It's a bit like giving back and that's something we should not be averse to doing.

73
---
Ted   WA3AER

--
---
Ted   WA3AER
_._,_._,_

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-08-14 8:29 PM, Ted Bauer wrote:

I am more than happy to acknowledge complete
SWL reports.
The key here is "COMPLETE SWL REPORTS". Now days what passes for
a SWL report is "you worked AB1ZZ at 25:00z YYY/MM/DD on xx meters".
That info is available from RBN or PSKReporter without ever hearing
my station.

I would expect an SWL report to include the report I sent the other
station, and the (exact) time I sent RRR, RR73 or 73 as appropriate.

With modes other than the JT-modes, I would expect some unique
and verifiable information (from the QSO) - something that can not
come from the cluster or callbook lookup. If I'm running a pile-up,
I expect a list of three to five consecutive QSOs.

On 2021-08-14 8:29 PM, Ted Bauer wrote:
I suspect that those of us who started our interest in radio as SWLs are more likely to confirm complete SWL reports. SWL'ing was what got me interested in Ham radio and I am more than happy to acknowledge complete SWL reports. It's a bit like giving back and that's something we should not be averse to doing.
73
---
Ted   WA3AER

ON2AD Pat

Hi All,

In Belgium, every licensed HAM that is a member of the UBA (similar to the ARRL) receives a SWL call.
It starts with ONLxxxxx
ON= Belgium L = Listener and XXXXX is the number.

My Callsign is ON2AD and my SWL call is ONL04299.

QSL cards are also sent and received via the UBA office because everything is included in the membership fee.

I answer every correctly completed SWL report ie.
Date, Time (UTC), Freq or Band, Mode and important the WKD (worked other station info)

For example, there are 460 SWL reports in my DXKeeper logbook, all with a '!' for their SWL Callsign of about 30 DXCC countries.

73 de Pat ON2AD