Topics

Real Time Award Tracking request.

Thomas Adsit

Dave, Thanks for the outstanding program, I was kinda wondering if it would be possible to expand the modes available for filtering in real time tracking? Right now the options are SSB, CW, Digi, PSK, it would be nice if these could be expanded to include some of the JT/FT modes? this would make it real easy to see what states etc we still need on cretin bands. Thanks!

Dave, Thanks for the outstanding program, I was kinda wondering if it would be possible to expand the modes available for filtering in real time tracking? Right now the options are SSB, CW, Digi, PSK, it would be nice if these could be expanded to include some of the JT/FT modes? this would make it real easy to see what states etc we still need on cretin bands. Thanks!

+ Providing the option to replace PSK with another digital mode of your choosing is "on the list".

+ For now, you can check to see what states are needed by appropriately filtering the Log Page Display before invoking the WAS progress report. For example, filtering with

MODE='FT8'

+ and then invoking the WAS progress report will show which states you haven't confirmed in FT8.

+ and filtering with

(MODE='FT4') and (BAND='80m')

+ and then invoking the WAS progress report will show which states you haven't confirmed in FT4 on 80m.

+ If you've doing this frequently, you can define a script that does both the filtering and the report generation for each of the modes or mode-bands you are pursuing:

---------------------------

delete c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

filter true
appendreport us_states c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

filter MODE='FT8'
appendreport us_states c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

filter (MODE='FT4') and (BAND='160m')
appendreport us_states c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

filter (MODE='FT4') and (BAND='80m')
appendreport us_states c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

filter (MODE='FT4') and (BAND='40m')
appendreport us_states c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

filter (MODE='FT4') and (BAND='20m')
appendreport us_states c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

filter (MODE='FT4') and (BAND='15m')
appendreport us_states c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

filter (MODE='FT4') and (BAND='10m')
appendreport us_states c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

display c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\us_states_progress.txt

---------------------------

+ See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Scripts.htm>

+ Note: testing the above script revealed a defect in the number of states reported as confirmed by the US_STATES report when log QSOs have been submitted for or granted WAS credit; this defect is corrected in the next version of DXKeeper.

+ The US_STATES report can only be generated from a script. The WAS progress report is not affected by the defect.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 12:07 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Dave, Thanks for the outstanding program, I was kinda wondering if it would be possible to expand the modes available for filtering in real time tracking? Right now the options are SSB, CW, Digi, PSK, it would be nice if these could be expanded to include some of the JT/FT modes? this would make it real easy to see what states etc we still need on cretin bands. Thanks!

+ Providing the option to replace PSK with another digital mode of your choosing is "on the list".
I don't know if you count votes or anything ... but, FWIW, I would
really really appreciate FT8 RAT (for DXCC at least - I'm almost done
with 11-band (incl 6m and 60m) all-LotW FT8 WAS). In place of PSK
would be fine!

73,

~iain / N6ML