Topics

RAT problem

Bill Flaherty

I have a problem with Realtime Award Tracking. I have used it for years for DXCC but recently became interested in WAS using Digital mode. For instance...If I want to determine what is unworked on 40 meters Digital, I would filter by Band, Mode and Unworked. After I check Unworked, I then select Band = 40M, when I select Mode = Digital, The band selection changes to ANY and Progress is blank. As far as I know there is not a sequence that the filters have to be implemented and I have tried other sequences with no luck.

For reference I am using DXKeeper 15.8.9

Can anyone set me straight?  It's probably operator error.

73...Bill...W1GY

Joe Subich, W4TV

The RAT tables do not maintain band/mode status - only band (mixed mode)
or mode (all band).

The WAS program issues basic awards for Mode (Phone, CW, RTTY, DATA and
SSTV) or Band (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, 6, 2 and Satellite).
The Band/mode "awards" are *endorsements* of the basic band WAS for "all
xxxx mode" or of the basic Mode award for "all ## meters".

In essence, RAT tracks the base awards only - not endorsements which can
quickly become a "spaghetti pile"

On 2020-12-29 4:37 PM, Bill Flaherty wrote:
I have a problem with Realtime Award Tracking. I have used it for years for DXCC but recently became interested in WAS using Digital mode. For instance...If I want to determine what is unworked on 40 meters Digital, I would filter by Band, Mode and Unworked. After I check Unworked, I then select Band = 40M, when I select Mode = Digital, The band selection changes to ANY and Progress is blank. As far as I know there is not a sequence that the filters have to be implemented and I have tried other sequences with no luck.
For reference I am using DXKeeper 15.8.9
Can anyone set me straight?  It's probably operator error.
73...Bill...W1GY

KA9JAC

Bill,

Here is a work around you might try Click the Advanced log sort button (Adv)
Select the modes you want and click filter.
Now go to the Check Progress tab and click the Progress button for WAS
On the popup for removing the filter, click No.

Hopefully this will show you what you are looking for.

73, HNY
Bob, KA9JAC

On 12/29/2020 3:37 PM, Bill Flaherty wrote:

I have a problem with Realtime Award Tracking. I have used it for years for DXCC but recently became interested in WAS using Digital mode. For instance...If I want to determine what is unworked on 40 meters Digital, I would filter by Band, Mode and Unworked. After I check Unworked, I then select Band = 40M, when I select Mode = Digital, The band selection changes to ANY and Progress is blank. As far as I know there is not a sequence that the filters have to be implemented and I have tried other sequences with no luck.

For reference I am using DXKeeper 15.8.9

Can anyone set me straight?  It's probably operator error.

73...Bill...W1GY

Bill Flaherty

Bob,

Many thanks.  Your suggestion worked.  This will make it much easier to keep track for 5BWAS.

On 12/29/2020 5:17 PM, KA9JAC wrote:
[...]

Thanks Joe for explaining the logic of the RAT system.  Bob, KA9JAC had a good idea that gets me much closer to where I want to be.  I wonder if others are wanting to keep track on a band by band basis for digital modes for 5BWAS?  Bob's idea works but not as slick as the RAT filter and printout capability.  I can appreciate supporting only the basic awards.

Bill...W1GY

On 2020-12-29 4:37 PM, Bill Flaherty wrote:
[...]

+ Supporting the objective of receiving WAS credit for every state on one or more bands in one or more modes requires expanding the "WAS Bands & Modes" panel on the Configuration window's Awards tab to provide a band-mode matrix, as is currently provided in that tab's "WAZ Bands & Modes" panel. It also requires extending DXKeeper's and SpotCollector's WAS Realtime Award Tracking mechanism to support the expanded set of objectives. While straightforward to implement, this would require a significant effort. Given the small number of requests over the past 20 years, it doesn't have a high priority.

Bill Flaherty

I completely understand.  The suite is entitled "DXLab" and it does a marvelous job concerning DX related activities. Thanks for a great set of programs.

73...Bill...W1GY

+ AA6YQ comments below