Topics

RAT (DXKeeper)

Salvatore Besso

hello,

I have noticed that the real time award tracking in DXKeeper, doesn't
take into account LoTW confirmations for the IOTA score while the IOTA
program can now load Club Log matched contacts which can be synchronized
with LoTW.

Is it a not feasible thing that RAT could now take into account LoTW
confirmations for IOTA or is me that I'm doing something wrong?

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

I have noticed that the real time award tracking in DXKeeper, doesn't take into account LoTW confirmations for the IOTA score

+ Correct. LoTW confirmations have never counted towards IOTA awards.

while the IOTA program can now load Club Log matched contacts which can be synchronized with LoTW.

+The fact that QSOs can be submitted from Club Log to LoTW does not make LoTW confirmations valid for awards like IOTA that accept
Club Log matches.

+ If you cite a statement on an official IOTA web page indicating that LoTW confirmations count for IOTA, I will update DXKeeper
accordingly.

Salvatore Besso

Dave,

I'm asking because I'm not certain about the mechanism. Maybe the
following statement, taken from the Iota-World site, "Programme
Information | Add QSOs from Club Log" page, is a bit misleading or maybe
is not so clear for a non-english person:

"Once IOTA Management has accepted the Club Log
matched QSOs and any others in your application
that are supported by QSL cards, it will credit
the QSOs to your IOTA Award account."

What is not clear is if the "that are supported by QSL cards" statement
is related only to paper submissions or if it is related to *ALL*
submitted QSOs, including the Club Log matches.

Effectively, this sentence says also: "has accepted Club Log matched
QSOs...".

Not very clear, at least for me.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

I'm asking because I'm not certain about the mechanism. Maybe the following statement, taken from the Iota-World site, "Programme
Information | Add QSOs from Club Log" page, is a bit misleading or maybe is not so clear for a non-english person:

"Once IOTA Management has accepted the Club Log matched QSOs and any others in your application that are supported by QSL cards, it
will credit the QSOs to your IOTA Award account."

What is not clear is if the "that are supported by QSL cards" statement is related only to paper submissions or if it is related to
*ALL* submitted QSOs, including the Club Log matches.

Effectively, this sentence says also: "has accepted Club Log matched QSOs...".

Not very clear, at least for me.

+ Accepting "Club Log matched QSOs" is clearly not the same as accepting LoTW confirmations.