Questions about updating & Use of SpotCollector with CCUSER

Rick

Two questions, please:

1.  I am running v 3.0240 dtd 12 Jan 15.  When I run the software I am advised an update is available.  I've updated the software six times this morning, over-writing the software in the \VE7CC directory as instructed.  When I restart the software I am again (... and again) reminded to update.  Thoughts as to what I am ding wrong?

2.  Once upon a time I was able to connect to CC-User via SpotCollector.  It does connect but the SC icon never turns from yellow to green and the spots from VE7CC are seen in a window but are never processed by SC.  "DXLab guyz" -- any thoughts as to what's happening here?

Tnx!  - Rick

Two questions, please:

1. I am running v 3.0240 dtd 12 Jan 15. When I run the software I am advised an update is available. I've updated the software six times this morning, over-writing the software in the \VE7CC directory as instructed. When I restart the software I am again (... and again) reminded to update. Thoughts as to what I am ding wrong?

+ I suggest that you ask the developer of CC-User.

2. Once upon a time I was able to connect to CC-User via SpotCollector. It does connect but the SC icon never turns from yellow to green and the spots from VE7CC are seen in a window but are never processed by SC. "DXLab guyz" -- any thoughts as to what's happening here?

+ There is no supported interoperation between DXLab and CC-User.

73,

Dave,

Rick

Very sorry. I posted to the wrong list. Ooops!

+ I suggest that you ask the developer of CC-User.

Rick,

As has been replied pls direct your update questions to CC User on their Groups.io reflector.  Some OMs have been having problems with updates.  Many threads over there about same.

As for DXLab connecting you just need to add ve7cc-1 as a cluster access

Name:  VE7CC-1
Host:  ve7cc.net
Port:  23
Login:  your callsign
PW:    not required.

Set up all your filters in the CC User APP and the results of what you have set up will then show up in DXLab.

I have two different sites (ve7cc-1 and n4zkf-1) set up.  One is filtered for DX (non-USA) spots and the other is set for more domestic spots.

The n4zkf-1 cluster is the same as ve7cc-1 as they (like most all clusters) are synced.  I just choose to set the filters for each a tad differently.

When I login from DXLab I'll use ki5io-2 for my ve7cc-1 access and ki5io-3 for my n4zkf-1 access.  Just helps me keep things straight.
--
73 - Nolan K.  -  ki5io

[...]

+ SpotCollector can pre-filter incoming spots, as described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SpotDatabasePrefilter

+ Employing CCUser as a front-end for SpotCollector provides no additional value; all it does is unnecessarily consume CPU cycles and memory.