Topics

Question: Importing an ADIF file

Eric Rosenberg W3DQ

I imported my ARRL 160m contest ADIF file created by N1MM+

I had expected that all the QSOs would be tagged to send QSL info to LOTW and the contest name would be in the contest ID field.

Neither was the case. None of the QSO's were tagged for LOTW uploading, and the contest ID was set to something else altogether.

What did I do wrong, so I won't do it again?

Similarly, can I go back an change the entire block of QSOs to show that they were all sent to LOTW (which I ended up doing separately) and correct the contest ID, or should I re-import the file?

Thanks,
Eric W3DQ

ve3ki

If you used the ARRL160 contest type in N1MM+, the exported ADIF records would all have contained the field <CONTEST_ID:8>ARRL-160 . If that's not what you want in the contest ID field, you can use DXKeeper's Advanced Filters, Sorts & Modifiers window to first select the QSOs that came from the contest log (you can filter by date, or by the contest ID field, or by any other field), and then modify any of the fields (such as the contest ID field) en masse for all of the contacts currently selected - you can update the APP_DXKeeper_LotW_QSL_SENT field to Y while you are at it if you have already uploaded them. Make a backup of your log first!

For future imports, you should check the check box called "Initialize LotW Sent to 'R' for each logged QSO or imported QSO" - it's under the LotW tab in the QSL Configuration window.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 05:13 PM, Eric Rosenberg W3DQ wrote:
[...]

+ With respect to "imported QSOs not tagged for LotW uploading", as Rich VE3KI pointed out, you evidently don't have the "Initialize LotW Sent to 'R' for each logged QSO or imported QSO" option enabled. This is step 3.b in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ConfigureLotW >

+ I suggest that you review this article to ensure that you have DXKeeper properly configured for interaction with LoTW.

+ With respect to "contest name not in the contest ID field", this is the primary responsibility of the application that created the ADIF file. They are slowly improving, but contesting applications are notorious for ignoring or abusing ADIF. Thus the first time you use one for a particular contest, you should review the ADIF file before importing it to see what's missing or incorrect. The "Substitutions options" and "Replacement options" panels on the "Import QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window can compensate for some of these "issues" while importing the ADIF file; for example, you can specify a "Contest ID" to be included with each imported QSO.

Similarly, can I go back an change the entire block of QSOs to show that they were all sent to LOTW (which I ended up doing separately)

+ Invoking "Sync LoTW QSOs" will update your logged QSOs to reflect their acceptance by LoTW; this is step 2.3 of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/UploadLoTWAddRequested>

+ Invoking "Sync LoTW QSOs" will update your logged QSOs to reflect their confirmation by LoTW; see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DownloadLotW>

and correct the contest ID, or should I re-import the file?

+ Having already imported the file, I suggest that you

1. backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. filter the Log Page Display with a date range to exclusively select your contest QSOs; see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/FilterLog.htm#Filtering%20for%20Time%20Intervals>

3. modify the selected QSOs "en masse" by specifying a Contest ID; see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOModifying>

4. confirm that the results are as expected; if necessary, you can revert to the backup taken in step 1 and try again.

Eric Rosenberg W3DQ

Thanks Rich & Dave,

The ADIF file created by N1MM+ does include <CONTEST_ID:8>ARRL-10

That's what confuses me. A different contest is listed. I'm curious to know how/why what's on the ADIF field was overwritten.

73,
Eric W3DQ

Thanks Rich & Dave,

The ADIF file created by N1MM+ does include <CONTEST_ID:8>ARRL-10

+ The specifier

<CONTEST_ID:8>ARRL-10

+ means "ARRL-10" with a space appended to the end of it.

That's what confuses me. A different contest is listed.

+ Please explain what "A different contest is listed" means.

I'm curious to know how/why what's on the ADIF field was overwritten.

+ Please attach the ADIF file you imported to an email message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Eric Rosenberg W3DQ

Dave and Rick,

I successfully followed your directions. THANKS!

And now some more questions that I can't find answer to in the documentation:
- Multiplle callsigns
I have many, both DX and US. Do I put hem all together in one log file, or do I have separate ones for each? If the later, will DXK know which of my calls is   associated with the QSL request and print that callsign on the label?

- OQRS
I log in as W3DQ, but my account has all of my calls. How do I configure OQRS to fetch the incoming requietss from all the accounts?.

- Panel layout
I  use LOTW and not eQSL. Is it possible to have that panel show only LOTW?
In the QSL panel, myQTH flashes when the field is empty.  I thought myQTH.was automatically filled based on information came from the myQTH list/panel. Is there a way to fix this?

- DXCC/awards
I would like to generate two different reports: a multi-column report where I choose the bands and modes (including satellites) against the countries I've worked and countries I've confirmed. It would be nice to also have a line with the totals for each band/mode.

Thanks for your help & 73,
Eric W3DQ!

And now some more questions that I can't find answer to in the documentation:

- Multiplle callsigns
I have many, both DX and US. Do I put hem all together in one log file, or do I have separate ones for each? If the later, will DXK know which of my calls is associated with the QSL request and print that callsign on the label?

+ See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/MultipleLogFiles>

- OQRS
I log in as W3DQ, but my account has all of my calls. How do I configure OQRS to fetch the incoming requietss from all the accounts?.

+ For DXKeeper Configuration, see the "Inbound OQRS" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSLingClubLog>

+ For ClubLog OQRS configuration, contact ClubLog support.

- Panel layout
I use LOTW and not eQSL. Is it possible to have that panel show only LOTW?

+ No.

In the QSL panel, myQTH flashes when the field is empty. I thought myQTH.was automatically filled based on information came from the myQTH list/panel. Is there a way to fix this?

+ You can specify a "Default MyQTH ID" in the "Log Settings" panel on the Configuration window's Log tab. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/MultipleQTHs.htm>

- DXCC/awards
I would like to generate two different reports: a multi-column report where I choose the bands and modes (including satellites) against the countries I've worked and countries I've confirmed. It would be nice to also have a line with the totals for each band/mode.

+ DXCC progress reporting is described here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DXCCAwardTracking>

+ If you haven't already reviewed

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

+ you'll find it helpful.