Topics

Question about printing QSL labels 3-wide

Jim Wysocki

On 7/25/2020 4:35 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:

I am using DXKepper to print out 3-column labels on a 5160 sheet.  From time to time I print just one label.  How does the missing labels option in the program work? Does the count work?

From the top left column counted as 1 then top mid column as 2 then top right column as 3? Or just simply from the top left column all the way down to the bottom then top mid column?

The reason I am asking is I have an old sheet that I would like to use up.

There are some missing labels:

Left column missing 1,2,3 and 4 (down)

Mid column missing 1 and 3 (down)

Right column missing 1

I told DXKepper I want to print one label and put number 6 in the “Missing Labels”.  DXKeeper is trying to print the new label on left column #4 which is already missing.

If I put number 7 in the “Missing Labels” it will try to print the new label on mid column # 4

If I put number 8 in the “Missing Labels” it will try to print the new label on left column # 5

Why not go to right column # 4 first?

Just for fun I entered 20 in the “Missing Labels” the print preview is showing the 2nd page left column # 1 will be printed.
If I entered 21 in the “Missing Labels” the print preview is showing the 2nd page mid column # 1 will be printed.

If I entered 22 in the “Missing Labels” the print preview is showing the 2nd page left column # 2 will be printed.  Very strange.

Not sure how to correct that.

73, Kit W3KIT

Kit, the counter works on a row-by-row basis, not column-by-column.  Thus, label number 1 is the first position in the first row, label number 4 is the first position in the second row, and so on.  The organization is from left to right within each row, and then from top row to the bottom row.  Assuming that there are 30 labels on a page, three columns wide and ten rows long, the label on the lower left corner of the page is number 28.

The label counter works just fine.  But now that there are spaces within the label sheet, you'll have to use them up one or two at a time until you're back to a continuous block of labels.  Thus, to print on the first available labels on the page, select only two of the labels in the print queue.  Then direct the program to skip the first four labels.  To print on the next label, select only one label from the print list and skip eight.  That should bring you to a solid block of labels.  Tell the program to skip the first ten label positions and you're good to go.

73,  Jim  W9FI

Elmer Steingass

The counter works great!  You count from left to right.  Top left 1, top middle, 2, top right 3, and so on.
I have used both two and three column labels and you may have to play with the offsets on the label set-up page to get them to look like you want them to.

73......de Goose, W8AV

On Jul 25, 2020 7:35 AM, "Komkit Listisard via groups.io" <w3kit@...> wrote:

I am using DXKepper to print out 3-column labels on a 5160 sheet.  From time to time I print just one label.  How does the missing labels option in the program work? Does the count work?

From the top left column counted as 1 then top mid column as 2 then top right column as 3? Or just simply from the top left column all the way down to the bottom then top mid column?