Topics

QTHRE: [DXLab] Prop View with moving targets and alternate RemoteHam servers

With the radio shack packed away, I was trying to figure out how to get propagation information with PV using a remote base (RemoteHams) and a moving target currently going through NM.

What I ended up doing was changing the LAT/LONG to that of the RemoteHam source and picking a callsign in the general location of the moving target. I think this worked. Not sure but would ask if there is a better way to do this.

+ It might be easier to set the remote base location in the QTH panel on the General tab of DXView's Configuration window. Then you can use DXView to select the location of the moving target by entering a grid square or clicking in the world map window, as well as by entering a callsign in the general direction of that target. PropView automatically tracks DXView's QTH and target callsign locations.