QSO's (a lot of them!) erroneously added to QSL Queue

Thomas Valenti

I meant to add my QSO's from the recent ARRL DX contest to my DXK log (via an ADIF produced by N1MM), and then upload to LOTW. Just like I always do after a contest. However, I stupidly imported the ADFI from the CQ 160 CW contest, which was already long since imported and uploaded to LOTW. When I tried to upload that, of course, LOTW gagged on the duplicate QSO's. At that point I realized what I had done. I cleared the QSL Queue and imported the correct ADIF. The QSOs are all correctly shown in in my DXK log. But when I did the "Add Requested" command, I got not only the QSO from the ARRL DX added, but the CQ 160 CW QSO's as well. All intermixed, of course, as the QSL queue is sorted by call. How do I get out of this? Doing it manually QSO by QSO is out of the question - the CQ 160 CW log is about 1300 QSO, and the ARRL DX is more than 2200 QSO. How to I stop  DXK from trying to add the CQ 160 QSO's to the QSL queue for the rest of eternity?

Tom K3AJ

BILL KENNAMER

The simple answer is to filter the log for the contest period and export to LOTW. 

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 12:31 PM, Thomas Valenti <tomk3aj@...> wrote:

I meant to add my QSO's from the recent ARRL DX contest to my DXK log (via an ADIF produced by N1MM), and then upload to LOTW. Just like I always do after a contest. However, I stupidly imported the ADFI from the CQ 160 CW contest, which was already long since imported and uploaded to LOTW. When I tried to upload that, of course, LOTW gagged on the duplicate QSO's. At that point I realized what I had done. I cleared the QSL Queue and imported the correct ADIF. The QSOs are all correctly shown in in my DXK log. But when I did the "Add Requested" command, I got not only the QSO from the ARRL DX added, but the CQ 160 CW QSO's as well. All intermixed, of course, as the QSL queue is sorted by call. How do I get out of this? Doing it manually QSO by QSO is out of the question - the CQ 160 CW log is about 1300 QSO, and the ARRL DX is more than 2200 QSO. How to I stop  DXK from trying to add the CQ 160 QSO's to the QSL queue for the rest of eternity?

Tom K3AJ

ve3ki

If you imported the CQ160CW log twice, there will be 1300 or so duplicate QSOs in your log which are going to show up every time you do an "Add Requested" operation. You are going to want to get rid of those. After backing up your log first, You can filter the log on a combination of the CQ160CW contest dates and APP_DXKeeper_Lotw_Sent = 'R' to find the duplicated CQ160CW contacts that have not yet been uploaded to LotW (the previously imported ones have already been uploaded). Once the log display is limited to those duplicate not-yet-uploaded contacts, you can delete them from the log. After that your "Add Requested" operation should work the way you want it to,

Rich VE3KI

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 01:31 PM, Thomas Valenti wrote:

Tom K3AJ

w6de

Removing duplicates is covered in this DXLab WIKI article:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates

Dave, w6de

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Thomas Valenti
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 18:31
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] QSO's (a lot of them!) erroneously added to QSL Queue

Tom K3AJ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Removing duplicates is covered in this DXLab WIKI article:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates

+ That would work, but the duplicate detector doesn't know to select the QSOs that haven't been submitted to LoTW.

+ When you can directly identify a set of duplicates to delete, that's generally better. In this case, as Rich VE3KI suggested, its "QSOs with a specific contest ID made during a specific year that haven't been submitted to LoTW". Make a log backup (just in case!), filter the Log Page Display with the appropriate SQL expression, and then depress the CTRL key while clicking the Delete button above the Log Page Display.

+ If you need help with the SQL expression, don't hesitate to ask.

Dave, AA6YQ

Thomas Valenti

Thank you all. My skills are a bit limited, but I will do the research and make this happen as suggested with an SQL filter. I understand now what needs to be done, just not how to do it. Hoperfully the resources suggested will help me accomplish this. 

And now I will be very careful never to make this mistake again!

Thanks and 73

Tom K3AJ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
Thank you all. My skills are a bit limited, but I will do the research and make this happen as suggested with an SQL filter. I understand now what needs to be done, just not how to do it. Hoperfully the resources suggested will help me accomplish this

+ Take a shot at the SQL expression and post it here before using it to delete any QSOs. There are plenty of SQL experts here who can help you fine tune it if need be.

Dave, AA6YQ

Thomas Valenti

Sorry to continue to be a bother. I tried the SQL Expression:

(QSO_Begin BETWEEN #2021-01-29 21:00# and #2021-01-31 15:00#) AND (APP_DXKeepr_Lotw_Sent = 'R')

I got the syntax for the date/time range from an example on the Help page, and used the expression for selecting those entries with LOTW status = "R" based on what VE3KI suggested.

I entered this in SQL Query Filter 1 and clicked "Filter." The result was:

"Invalid Filter expression: (QSO_Begin BETWEEN #2021-01-29 21:00# and #2021-01-31 15:00#) AND (APP_DXKeepr_Lotw_Sent = 'R')"

I wasn't sure about the need for the parentheses around the "APP_DXKeeper_Lotw_Sent = 'R' " so I tried it with and without the parentheses but the reult is the same.

Any advice?

Tom K3AJ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Sorry to continue to be a bother.

+ Not a bother, Tom!

I tried the SQL Expression:

(QSO_Begin BETWEEN #2021-01-29 21:00# and #2021-01-31 15:00#) AND (APP_DXKeepr_Lotw_Sent = 'R')

I got the syntax for the date/time range from an example on the Help page, and used the expression for selecting those entries with LOTW status = "R" based on what VE3KI suggested.

I entered this in SQL Query Filter 1 and clicked "Filter." The result was:

"Invalid Filter expression: (QSO_Begin BETWEEN #2021-01-29 21:00# and #2021-01-31 15:00#) AND (APP_DXKeepr_Lotw_Sent = 'R')"

I wasn't sure about the need for the parentheses around the "APP_DXKeeper_Lotw_Sent = 'R' " so I tried it with and without the parentheses but the reult is the same.

Any advice?

+ The second term in the expression should be

(APP_DXKeeper_Lotw_QSL_Sent = 'R')

+ so the full expression should be

(QSO_Begin BETWEEN #2021-01-29 21:00# and #2021-01-31 15:00#) AND (APP_DXKeeper_Lotw_QSL_Sent = 'R')

+ If all of your QSOs made between 2021-01-29 21:00 and 2021-01-31 15:00 were contest QSOs that you want deleted if they haven't been submitted to LoTW, then proceed.

+ Note: DXKeeper rejects an SQL expression with "Invalid Filter expression", break the expression into pieces and test each piece. In your original SQL expression above,

(QSO_Begin BETWEEN #2021-01-29 21:00# and #2021-01-31 15:00#)

+ works fine, but

(APP_DXKeepr_Lotw_Sent = 'R')

+ generates and "Invalid Filter expression" error -- so it's clear what to focus on.

+ Every QSO item in a DXKeeper log is documented here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm

Dave, AA6YQ

Thomas Valenti

Bingo! Thanks everyone.

Another learning experience.

Tom K3AJ