Topics

QSL question

Rich KB1FGC <marzo7088@...>

Hi,I a, new into the digtial logger,About 5 weeks now.On my paper log I used to star a station and that told me to send a QSL.I see there are provisions for sending and receiving but is there something that can be Intention to send.SO lets me know I haven't sent it but want to.If not I can try to  use a user defined tab.Just wondering if I am missing it?
Thanks
73

Joe Subich, W4TV

QSL_Sent = R means "the other station has requested a card"

On 2021-03-02 7:39 PM, Rich KB1FGC via groups.io wrote:
Hi,I a, new into the digtial logger,About 5 weeks now.On my paper log I used to star a station and that told me to send a QSL.I see there are provisions for sending and receiving but is there something that can be *Intention to send*.SO lets me know I haven't sent it but want to.If not I can try to  use a user defined tab.Just wondering if I am missing it?
Thanks
73

Rich KB1FGC <marzo7088@...>

Thanks Joe,I may not have explained it well or I am  not  understanding what you have said.It sounds like the R won't work for marking as "Have to send."I wrote a definition based on help about another thing and I finally got it to work.When I click on the userd efined button it will search for only what I intend to send out but haven't yet.I'll try what you have said and see if it works for me.
Thanks
Rich

Thanks Joe,I may not have explained it well or I am  not  understanding what you have said.It sounds like the R won't work for marking as "Have to send."I wrote a definition based on help about another thing and I finally got it to work.When I click on the userd efined button it will search for only what I intend to send out but haven't yet.I'll try what you have said and see if it works for me.

+ Rich, DXKeeper supports several workflows for generating QSL cards and labels, and provides automation for those workflows. I suggest that you review

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm

ND9G Mike

What Joe described is exactly what you want. As you work someone you can set that if you want to send a QSL card. That way when you go to the QSl tab and select your option for QSl cards or label, when you click the add requested button it will add all QSOs for which you have it set to "R".

This also covers you for response cards, when you receive a card that asks for a QSL card, you can set it to "R" (either manually or via some of the automated methods), and the next time you prepare to print cards/labels, it will be included for printing.

After you have printed your cards/labels you would then click the Update Log button on the QSL queue and DXKeeper wouldupdate all of those records from R to Y indicating that you have sent the card.

You may also want to check out this getting started article: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSLing

73,
Mike ND9G

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 7:15 PM Rich KB1FGC via groups.io <marzo7088=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Joe,I may not have explained it well or I am  not  understanding what you have said.It sounds like the R won't work for marking as "Have to send."I wrote a definition based on help about another thing and I finally got it to work.When I click on the userd efined button it will search for only what I intend to send out but haven't yet.I'll try what you have said and see if it works for me.
Thanks
Rich
73

Joe Subich, W4TV

Please see the topic "Getting Started with QSLing" in the DXLab Suite
WiKi. The WiKi is: <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

The specific article "Getting Started with QSLing" is:

On 2021-03-02 8:15 PM, Rich KB1FGC via groups.io wrote:
Thanks Joe,I may not have explained it well or I am  not  understanding what you have said.It sounds like the R won't work for marking as "Have to send."I wrote a definition based on help about another thing and I finally got it to work.When I click on the userd efined button it will search for only what I intend to send out but haven't yet.I'll try what you have said and see if it works for me.
Thanks
Rich
73

Rich KB1FGC <marzo7088@...>

Thanks all.I wasn't sure how deep I was going to get into  it but at some point I may get into printing cards and all.I'll check the sections you described.
73
Rich

Thanks all.I wasn't sure how deep I was going to get into it but at some point I may get into printing cards and all.I'll check the sections you described.

+ In the mean time, if your QSO partner asks you to send a QSL card,

- if you're logging via DXKeeper's Capture window, check the "QSL Requested" box before clicking the Log button

- if you're logging via the "Log QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, click the QSL panel's RR button (if you want a card in return) or set the QSL panel's Sent selector to 'R' (if you don't want a card in return) before clicking the "Log" button

- if you're logging via WinWarbler's "Log QSO" panel, check its QSL box before clicking the "Log" button

- if you're logging via another application, then after the QSO has been logged in DXKeeper, on the "Log QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, click the QSL panel's RR button (if you want a card in return) or set the QSL panel's Sent selector to 'R' (if you don't want a card in return) and then click the "Save" button.