QRZ look up in DXKeeper

Jim-N7ESU

Before I rebuilt my computer and had to do a fresh install with DXKeeper when I save a qso it use to be able to populate name, address etc automatically without have to push the "CBA" button. I think I have read the help files and inspected every tab and cant seem to find where that tic is. Any help remembering where that option is would be appreciated.
73,Jim
n7esu

Before I rebuilt my computer and had to do a fresh install with DXKeeper when I save a qso it use to be able to populate name, address etc automatically without have to push the "CBA" button. I think I have read the help files and inspected every tab and cant seem to find where that tic is. Any help remembering where that option is would be appreciated.

+ Please review the configuration instructions here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CallbookLookup

+ If they don't get you going, let me know.

Jim-N7ESU

Dave,
I had everything configured as per the wiki except had the timeout at 30 instead of 60 which I changed and no help. The "CBA" button always worked manually and populated normally. I forgot to mention earlier is that the only thing that I have noticed that  has changed is that when "CBA" button is pushed a msg pops up that says "This QSO has not been unlocked for modification, perform a callbook lookup?" push yes and it populates. I don't know if that is something new in a release or what but never seen it before.\
73,
Jim, n7esu

Joe Subich, W4TV

I forgot to mention earlier is that the only thing that I have noticed that has changed is that when "CBA" button is pushed a msg pops up that says "This QSO has not been unlocked for modification, perform a callbook lookup?" push yes and it populates.
DXKeeper -> Config-> General -> Main "Log QSOs" options ...
*UNCHECK* the top item -> "Require Edit to modify logged QSOs"

On 2021-01-31 9:51 PM, Jim-N7ESU wrote:
Dave,
[...]

+ You have the "Require Edit to modify logged QSOs" option enabled in the "Main Log QSOs options" panel on the Configuration window's General tab. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Require%20Edit%20to%20modify%20logged%20QSOs

+ This option was added back in 2012.

+ So that I can see what's going on with your callbook lookups, please do the following:

1. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log Debugging info" box

2. terminate DXKeeper

3. start DXKeeper

4. in the Capture window's Call box, type my callsign, and strike the Enter or Tab key

5. wait 120 seconds

6. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log Debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Jim-N7ESU

Thanks Joe, that took care of the "CBA" msg, now hopefully can get the auto address fill working...
Jim, n7esu

WALTDEWS@...

I have the same issue.  Must press the CBA button on each log entry manually.  Pretty sure it used to be automatic.  Could it have anything to do with most of my log entries coming over from WSJTX?

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I am not sure off hand where the setting is now but the QRZ lookup works for me when I click the log contact using WSJTX. There is a setting for this in DXKeeper.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Joe Subich, W4TV

There is a setting for this in DXKeeper.
DXKeeper -> Config -> Callbook tab ... bottom right
"Automatically use callbook data to initialize new QSOs"