QRZ look up in DXKeeper

Jim-N7ESU

Before I rebuilt my computer and had to do a fresh install with DXKeeper when I save a qso it use to be able to populate name, address etc automatically without have to push the "CBA" button. I think I have read the help files and inspected every tab and cant seem to find where that tic is. Any help remembering where that option is would be appreciated.
73,Jim
n7esu

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Before I rebuilt my computer and had to do a fresh install with DXKeeper when I save a qso it use to be able to populate name, address etc automatically without have to push the "CBA" button. I think I have read the help files and inspected every tab and cant seem to find where that tic is. Any help remembering where that option is would be appreciated.

+ Please review the configuration instructions here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CallbookLookup

+ If they don't get you going, let me know.

Dave, AA6YQ

Jim-N7ESU

Dave,
I had everything configured as per the wiki except had the timeout at 30 instead of 60 which I changed and no help. The "CBA" button always worked manually and populated normally. I forgot to mention earlier is that the only thing that I have noticed that  has changed is that when "CBA" button is pushed a msg pops up that says "This QSO has not been unlocked for modification, perform a callbook lookup?" push yes and it populates. I don't know if that is something new in a release or what but never seen it before.\
Jim, n7esu

Joe Subich, W4TV

I forgot to mention earlier is that the only thing that I have noticed that has changed is that when "CBA" button is pushed a msg pops up that says "This QSO has not been unlocked for modification, perform a callbook lookup?" push yes and it populates.
DXKeeper -> Config-> General -> Main "Log QSOs" options ...
*UNCHECK* the top item -> "Require Edit to modify logged QSOs"

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-01-31 9:51 PM, Jim-N7ESU wrote:
Dave,
I had everything configured as per the wiki except had the timeout at 30 instead of 60 which I changed and no help. The "CBA" button always worked manually and populated normally. I forgot to mention earlier is that the only thing that I have noticed that  has changed is that when "CBA" button is pushed a msg pops up that says "This QSO has not been unlocked for modification, perform a callbook lookup?" push yes and it populates. I don't know if that is something new in a release or what but never seen it before.\
Jim, n7esu

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I had everything configured as per the wiki except had the timeout at 30 instead of 60 which I changed and no help. The "CBA" button always worked manually and populated normally. I forgot to mention earlier is that the only thing that I have noticed that has changed is that when "CBA" button is pushed a msg pops up that says "This QSO has not been unlocked for modification, perform a callbook lookup?" push yes and it populates. I don't know if that is something new in a release or what but never seen it before.

+ You have the "Require Edit to modify logged QSOs" option enabled in the "Main Log QSOs options" panel on the Configuration window's General tab. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Require%20Edit%20to%20modify%20logged%20QSOs

+ This option was added back in 2012.

+ So that I can see what's going on with your callbook lookups, please do the following:

1. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log Debugging info" box

2. terminate DXKeeper

3. start DXKeeper

4. in the Capture window's Call box, type my callsign, and strike the Enter or Tab key

5. wait 120 seconds

6. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log Debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

Jim-N7ESU

Thanks Joe, that took care of the "CBA" msg, now hopefully can get the auto address fill working...
Jim, n7esu

WALTDEWS@...

I have the same issue.  Must press the CBA button on each log entry manually.  Pretty sure it used to be automatic.  Could it have anything to do with most of my log entries coming over from WSJTX?

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I am not sure off hand where the setting is now but the QRZ lookup works for me when I click the log contact using WSJTX. There is a setting for this in DXKeeper.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of WALTDEWS@...
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 09:03
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] QRZ look up in DXKeeper

I have the same issue.  Must press the CBA button on each log entry manually.  Pretty sure it used to be automatic.  Could it have anything to do with most of my log entries coming over from WSJTX?

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

HP Laptop

Joe Subich, W4TV

There is a setting for this in DXKeeper.
DXKeeper -> Config -> Callbook tab ... bottom right
"Automatically use callbook data to initialize new QSOs"

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-02-01 10:18 AM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:
I am not sure off hand where the setting is now but the QRZ lookup works for me when I click the log contact using WSJTX. There is a setting for this in DXKeeper.
Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN
44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb
From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of WALTDEWS@OUTLOOK.COM
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 09:03
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] QRZ look up in DXKeeper
I have the same issue. Must press the CBA button on each log entry manually. Pretty sure it used to be automatic. Could it have anything to do with most of my log entries coming over from WSJTX?

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have the same issue. Must press the CBA button on each log entry manually. Pretty sure it used to be automatic. Could it have anything to do with most of my log entries coming over from WSJTX?

+ If you're using WSJT-X with JTAlert to log QSOs, then in the "Web Services" section of JTAlert's Settings window, and configure the "Online XML Callbooks" section. This is step 2.e in the JTAlert section of " Getting Started with K1JT modes using WSJT-X, JTAlert, and DXLab" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert

+ If you're using the direct interoperation between WSJT-X and DXLab, then

1. in the WSJT-X panel on the "Spot Sources" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, check the Callbook box. This is step 4.d in the "Configuring SpotCollector" section of "Getting Started with K1JT modes using Direct Interoperation Between DXLab and WSJT-X" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

2. configure DXKeeper's callbook lookup mechanism, as described in "Using Callbooks":

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CallbookLookup

Dave, AA6YQ

Alex OE3JTB

Hi 
I was out of order for 6 months :-(
Updated my Windows10 computer also DXLAB and other programms.
Now the automatic lookup is not working at all
With some calls whem pressing CBA message "callsign not found" even its in qrz.com. With other nothing is done, mo message, no fill in.
pse for help
tnx
73 Alex, OE3JTB

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
With some calls whem pressing CBA message "callsign not found" even its in qrz.com. With other nothing is done, mo message, no fill in.
+ What options have you selected on the Callbook tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window?

Dave, AA6YQ

Alex OE3JTB

Hi Dave
qrz.com via pathfinder version 5.2.6
ignore geocoded qridsquares
automatic use callbook...
warn when a callbook lookup

btw I didnt change anything since last version from September 2020, made only all updates as usual.

tnx
73 Alex

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

qrz.com via pathfinder version 5.2.6
ignore geocoded qridsquares
automatic use callbook...
warn when a callbook lookup

btw I didnt change anything since last version from September 2020, made only all updates as usual.

+ Thanks. With Pathfinder running, when you type my callsign into DXKeeper's Capture window's "call" box and strike the Enter key,

1. does Pathfinder display my QRZ page?

2. is the Capture window populated with my name, QTH, state, county, and grid square?

Dave, AA6YQ

Alex OE3JTB

Edited

HI Dave
both unfortunately not :-(
73 Alex
PS send you errorlog

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
both unfortunately not :-(

+ OK. Please do the following:

1. reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking"

2. start the Launcher

3. direct the Launcher to start DXKeeper and Pathfinder

4. type my callsign into DXKeeper's Capture window's "call" box and strike the Enter key

+ Does Pathfinder display my QRZ page?

+ Does the Capture window populated with my name, QTH, state, county, and grid square?

Dave, AA6YQ

Alex OE3JTB

Not at all , but than I saw in the pathfinder an option Internet Explorer Emulation, clicked update and now it works.
Tnx Dave
73 Alex, OE3JTB

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Not at all , but than I saw in the pathfinder an option Internet Explorer Emulation, clicked update and now it works.

+ I'm glad you found and corrected the configuration problem, Alex. Nice work!

Dave, AA6YQ

Dennis

Hello, all

I had a similar problem as described in this thread while logging WSJTX QSOs through JTAlert.  After following the directions in this thread, I was finally able to get the 'address' field in the QSL box of DXKeeper's 'Log QSOs' page to fill automatically.  The key direction, found in "step 2.e in the JTAlert section" of the link Dave provided above, was in part iii, "select the Logging section in the left-side panel and consider each of the options that govern XML lookups".  Checking the "Log Address returned from an XML or previous QSO lookup" box did the trick.

I hope this helps others who might be in the same boat.  And thanks to Dave and the others above who helped me to get this working as I wanted.

Dennis, N1RDN