QRZ.com lookup

Andy - K0AF

When I enter callsign KD8BBK in the DXKeeper Capture window and select "Lookup", some of the information returned is correct but some of the info appears to be bogus. The state, county, and grid in the Capture window match what's on the QRZ.com "Details" tab but the name and QTH are incorrect. Also the info returned in the Capture window "QSL requested" field says: "SK January 4, 2017".

Where is the bogus information coming from? I subscribe to XML data from QRZ.com and don't have a Secondary Callbook enabled on the DXKeeper>Configuration "Callbook" tab. I had a QSO with KD8BBK more than a year ago and the QTH & name in my log from that QSO match what QRZ.com shows today. Also the QSL via field from the old QSO does not have the curious "SK January 4, 2017" comment.

So where is the bogus information coming from? Is it coming from QRZ.com or some other source?

Andy - KØAF

[...]

+ Do you have existing logged QSOs with KD8BBK? If so, what do their name and QTH items specify?

Andy - K0AF

Edited

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 05:30 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Yes. I had a QSO with KD8BBK more than a year ago and the QTH & name in my log from that QSO matches what QRZ.com shows today. In other words, the previous log entry was not the source of the incorrect info.

If I enter a callsign in the Capture window and hit "Lookup", then enter a different callsign without first hitting "Clear" I see that some of the information (state, county, and grid) from the previous lookup is overwritten but some info (name, QTH, and QSL via) is not. Evidently I did a Lookup on another callsign and forgot to hit "Clear" before entering KD8BBK. Mystery solved.

I knew I need to hit "Clear" before entering a new callsign if the Capture window contains information from a previous lookup. I didn't know that some of the old info is overwritten even if I forgot to "Clear" first.

Thanks,
Andy - KØAF