Topics

QRZ and topic index

Ruarto

How does one also update the qso's in QRZ?   Seems you favor eQSL and LOTW.    I use all 3.

and...

Is there an index somewhere of topics?   This question above possibly has been answered but I got tired of loading and sifting month after month.

ND9G Mike

The ability to upload QSOs to the QRZ.com logbook is not currently available, it is on the enhancement list. Only Dave could speak to the status beyond that.

As far as searching, if you are at groups.io site, there is a search button at the top of the messages section for each group. Another option is to simply search using Google and include DXKeeper (or other DX Lab application), it often finds the threads from the reflector.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 7:00 PM Ruarto <rhgalyan@...> wrote:

How does one also update the qso's in QRZ?   Seems you favor eQSL and LOTW.    I use all 3.

and...

Is there an index somewhere of topics?   This question above possibly has been answered but I got tired of loading and sifting month after month.

How does one also update the qso's in QRZ?

+ Use Volker DL9HO's "Log Publisher" add-in, which is available via

<http://www.dl9ho.de/LogPublisher/LogPublisher.htm>

Seems you favor eQSL and LOTW.

+ QSOs confirmed via eQSL AG count towards all CQ awards.

+ QSOs confirmed via LoTW count towards some CQ awards and most ARRL awards.

Is there an index somewhere of topics?

+ As described in the first few paragraphs of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

+ The Reference documentation for each DXLab application is available in a searchable PDF file. See the "Searchable & Printable English Reference Documentation" column in this table:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#Documentation>

+ The first page of each application's PDF Reference Documentation is an index, with each entry hyperlinked.

+ Each application's Online Reference documentation also begins with a hyperlinked index. For example, the index to DXKeeper's Online Reference Documentation is here,

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/index.htm>

+ The Reference Documentation for each DXLab application is also installed on your computer. Click any Help button in the application; you'll find a link to the application's Reference Documentation index immediately below the topic title at the top of the page.

+ The "Goal-oriented" documentation ("Getting Started with DXLab") contains a Titles button in the upper-right corner of each web page; clicking this button searches the title of each article in "Getting Started with DXLab".

Ruarto

Thanks !   That was fast.

What I meant was an index to the topics as posted in this blog.
I havent downloaded or installed yet.  Just looking at features trying to decide.

73's
Rob

What I meant was an index to the topics as posted in this blog.

+ You can search this discussion group's postings, but there is no index. With a recent average of 20 new posts each day, maintaining an index would be impractical.

+ All questions are welcome here, no matter how many times they may have already been asked and answered, or how obvious the answer may be in the documentation.

+ Many of articles in "Getting Started with DXLab" contain step-by-step instructions that originally appeared in responses to questions posted here.

I havent downloaded or installed yet. Just looking at features trying to decide.

+ I suggest that you review the following:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/differentiators.htm>:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/Presentations/DXing%20with%20DXLab%20Visalia%202017%20v5.pdf>

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

+ An "Annual Report" for 2019 is available here:

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/190138>

+ All 3 of the Commander defects mentioned in that report were corrected in Commander 14.4.0, which was publicly released a few days ago.

+ As part of your evaluation, feel free to post any questions you like.

Mark Robinson

I run a script in DXKeeper to find all the QSO's that have LOTW set to R.  In my case they are all the new QSO's since my last upload to LOTW, Clublog and QRZ.

  SQL                App_DXKeeper_LotW_QSL_Sent = 'R'

I then use DXKeeper to create a standard ADI file and upload that to QRZ

73 Mark N1UK

On 07-Jan-20 9:10 PM, Ruarto wrote:

Thanks !   That was fast.

What I meant was an index to the topics as posted in this blog.
I havent downloaded or installed yet.  Just looking at features trying to decide.

73's
Rob

I run a script in DXKeeper to find all the QSO's that have LOTW set to R. In my case they are all the new QSO's since my last upload to LOTW, Clublog and QRZ.

SQL App_DXKeeper_LotW_QSL_Sent = 'R'

I then use DXKeeper to create a standard ADI file and upload that to QRZ

+ You could extend the script to export the ADIF file. See the description of the Export command in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Scripts.htm>

+ Given the large list of unimplemented enhancement requests and my desire to encourage the development of complementary "add-on" applications, I avoid implementing functionality already competently provided in an available "add-on" application - in the case of interoperation with QRZ's online logging application, the existing "add-onl" is Volker DL9HO's "Log Publisher".

Mark Robinson

Thanks Dave,

I will take a look at that

73 Mark N1UK