Topics

QR Code on QSL card

ik0rcy@...

Hello all,

I happened to read the IARU-DARC specifications concerning the insertion of a QR Code on our Qsl cards to allow a faster forwarding of the same by the various bureaux. Is it expected that DxKeeper can implement qr-code printing according to this standard? Thank you.

Link to doc:

73 de Raoul, ik0rcy

I happened to read the IARU-DARC specifications concerning the insertion of a QR Code on our Qsl cards to allow a faster forwarding of the same by the various bureaux. Is it expected that DxKeeper can implement qr-code printing according to this standard?

+ You can configure DXKeeper to put a background image on a QSL card now; that background image could contain a QR code. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GeneratingQSLCardsBackgroundImage>

ik0rcy@...

The qr-code does not contain generic information, but contains the data relating to the Qso to which the QSL refers. Here is a Qsl as currently managed by DARC and as IARU expects it will be managed in the future. Reading the qr-code you will notice that it contains all the information printed on the qsl.

https://imgur.com/pzCDQ62

--

73 de Raoul, ik0rcy

The qr-code does not contain generic information, but contains the data relating to the Qso to which the QSL refers. Here is a Qsl as currently managed by DARC and as IARU expects it will be managed in the future. Reading the qr-code you will notice that it contains all the information printed on the qsl.

https://imgur.com/pzCDQ62

+ Thanks. It will be interesting to see if this gains any traction in the face of electronic QSLing services.