Topics

PropView URL Error

Curt Bowles

When booting up DXLab I am getting this msg when PropView tries to open:

PropView Sunspot Number – unable to download sunspot number from https://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt object not found.

Hit OK and PropView opens.

Then went to PV/Config/ Predictions Tab Prediction Urls section and hit Go for the above URL my Chrome browser opens and I get “NOT FOUND The requested URL /text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt was not found on this server.

Cut and pasted the URL into EDGE and Firefox and receive the same Not Found error.

Has this URL Changed?

The fault is repeatable so I Turned PV Log debugging information ON

Sent error log to you via email

--
Curt Bowles
VE3ZN

scot

Curt,

you are not the only one with the issue.. Must be that site, I am getting it on 2 different machines since 07/01

Scott
N2SAB

Kent N6WT

I just sent a message to the website asking what the problem is.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 7:17 AM scot <n2sab@...> wrote:
Curt,

you are not the only one with the issue.. Must be that site, I am getting it on 2 different machines since 07/01

Scott
N2SAB

Kent N6WT

The issue has been forwarded to the webmaster. Now waiting for his response.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 7:47 AM Kent Olsen via groups.io <kilo6dko=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I just sent a message to the website asking what the problem is.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 7:17 AM scot <n2sab@...> wrote:
Curt,

you are not the only one with the issue.. Must be that site, I am getting it on 2 different machines since 07/01

Scott
N2SAB

w6de

From the address: http://services.swpc.noaa.gov.text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov.text/ still functions.

But, the file “predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt” is not in that folder.

Maybe Kent will get an answer from the site’s web master.

Dave, w6de

When booting up DXLab I am getting this msg when PropView tries to open:

PropView Sunspot Number – unable to download sunspot number from https://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt object not found.

Hit OK and PropView opens.

Then went to PV/Config/ Predictions Tab Prediction Urls section and hit Go for the above URL my Chrome browser opens and I get “NOT FOUND The requested URL /text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt was not found on this server.

Cut and pasted the URL into EDGE and Firefox and receive the same Not Found error.

Has this URL Changed?

The fault is repeatable so I Turned PV Log debugging information ON

Sent error log to you via email

--
Curt Bowles
VE3ZN

w6de

I found a file of missing named here:

https://spawx.nwra.com/spawx/listpredict.html

But, I don’t know if this is the correct format for the Cluster servers and/or SpotCollector to interpret.

73 Dave, w6de

[...]

+ There is no indication of a URL change or discontinuation of service on the home page

<https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/.

+ This site's SSN display is also broken:

<https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/predicted-sunspot-number-and-radio-flux>

+ which leads me to suspect that the file was inadvertently deleted and will be repaired - but we'll have to wait and see.

+ Until then, set the SSN to 5.8 in the Conditions panel on PropViews' Main window's Parameters tab.

<https://www.sws.bom.gov.au/Solar/1/6>

The fault is repeatable so I Turned PV Log debugging information ON

+ This is not the result of a fault or defect in PropView. One of PropView's online data sources has disappeared; temporarily, one hopes.

I found a file of missing named here:
https://spawx.nwra.com/spawx/listpredict.html
But, I don’t know if this is the correct format for the Cluster servers and/or SpotCollector to interpret.

+ That's a file of predicted SSNs, and it's not in the format PropView expects.

Kent N6WT

What I have found so far.

The webmaster for NOAA.GOV says they have switched from http to https. I tried the url with https but it still doesn't work. I have cleared the cache in my browser and tried again. No joy. I tried changing the url to https in PropView, no joy. I have sent my results to the webmaster.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 12:32 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
I found a file of missing named here:
https://spawx.nwra.com/spawx/listpredict.html
But, I don’t know if this is the correct format for the Cluster servers and/or SpotCollector to interpret.

+ That's a file of predicted SSNs, and it's not in the format PropView expects.

What I have found so far.

The webmaster for NOAA.GOV says they have switched from http to https. I tried the url with https but it still doesn't work. I have cleared the cache in my browser and tried again. No joy. I tried changing the url to https in PropView, no joy. I have sent my results to the webmaster.

+ Thanks for taking the lead on this, Kent!

+ You might point out to the webmaster that this SSN display is also broken:

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/predicted-sunspot-number-and-radio-flux

+ It references the same file used by PropView.

Kent N6WT

Dave

I just pointed that out. Hoping he gets back to me on that soon.

So I believe there is a new url for the website that is referred to on the PropView Parameters window.

The part that was missing in PV was the -dashboard part.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT