---------------------------

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

Patrick ON6AT

Same here!
73
ON6AT Patrick

Dave AA6YQ

To generate forecasts, PropView's propagation prediction engines require the current month's predicted smoothed sunspot number (SSN), the current solar flux (SFI), and the current geomagnetic K-index. On startup, Pathfinder downloads files from the the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Space Weather Prediction Center, extracts the needed information, and populates the SSN, SFI, and K-index settings in the Conditions panel on the Parameters tab of PropView's Main window. With a mouse click, you can direct Pathfinder to update these settings by re-downloading any of these files.

For unknown reasons, NOAA replaced the text file that specifies predicted SSNs with a file in JSON format. Working with an NOAA support person, Kent N6WT obtained the URL for the new predicted SSN file. I have updated PropView to download this file and extract the current month's predicted SSN, and sent Kent this new version to test. A public release of this new version is imminent.

Russ Ravella

Gee Dave,

It’s been 7.2 seconds since you found out what’s actually going on with this.  What TOOK you so long ?!?!

Russ, KR6W

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 11:53 PM, Russ Ravella wrote:

It’s been 7.2 seconds since you found out what’s actually going on with this.  What TOOK you so long ?!?!

+ Kent did all the heavy lifting; I just changed the code to use the new URL and extract the current SSN from the downloaded information.

Russ Ravella

Sounds like a lot of super fast heavy lifting all around to me.  Thanks to both of you.  I use that prediction capability constantly.

Russ, KR6W

+ AA6YQ comments below