Propview 2.0.0 Power issue

Jim Miller, AB3CV

I've set prop view to use Frequency Dependent Settings. For all bands I've selected 1500w except for 30m where I've set 200w. I just set the takeoff angle all the same at 5d to get started.

Yet when looking at the parameters tab on PV (2.0.0) The power when the radio is on 30m is still showing 1500.

The Lat/Lon and grid square are correctly picked up from DXV (4.7.9).

Commander (15.0.1) is running and correctly showing 10,136.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks

Jim ab3cv

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6yQ comments below

I've set prop view to use Frequency Dependent Settings. For all bands I've selected 1500w except for 30m where I've set 200w. I just set the takeoff angle all the same at 5d to get started.

Yet when looking at the parameters tab on PV (2.0.0) The power when the radio is on 30m is still showing 1500.

+ That's correct: PropView does not alter Power specified in the "Your Station" panel on the Main window's Parameters tab to reflect the "Frequency-dependent Settings" you've specified on the Configuration window's Prediction tab as you change bands in Commander. If you have the "Frequency-dependent Settings" panel's Enable box checked, then when you initiate a forecast of your signal's strength to the specific location, the appropriate Power for your transceiver's currently-reported band is utilized.

+ This is reflected in the text immediately above the generated forecast, with the band shown in parenthesis.

+ To further confirm this, examine the results.txt file in PropView's itshfbc/run folder. The last parameter on the two XMTR lines is the specified power, in kW.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

@ more AA6YQ comments below

+ That's correct: PropView does not alter Power specified in the "Your Station" panel on the Main window's Parameters tab to reflect the "Frequency-dependent Settings" you've specified on the Configuration window's Prediction tab as you change bands in Commander. If you have the "Frequency-dependent Settings" panel's Enable box checked, then when you initiate a forecast of your signal's strength to the specific location, the appropriate Power for your transceiver's currently-reported band is utilized.

+ This is reflected in the text immediately above the generated forecast, with the band shown in parenthesis.

+ To further confirm this, examine the results.txt file in PropView's itshfbc/run folder. The last parameter on the two XMTR lines is the specified power, in kW.

@ The contents of the results.txt file described above assume that you are using VOACAP as the prediction engine.

Dave, AA6YQ

Jim Miller, AB3CV

Got it!

Thanks!

jim ab3cv