Topics

Proposed extenstion to SpotCollector's Band Filter window

I've been using the "Xcvr band only" feature, and I like it. I wonder if
this option could be changed so that it does not reset all the band selections, but only suspends their use?

"Xcvr band only" is handy when a band is hot, but I'd like to be able to more easily return to my original band selections for
general DXing.

+ How about this slightly more general proposal: add new Save and Restore buttons to the bottom of the "Band Filter" window

+ Clicking the Save button saves the current band filter settings (to the Windows Registry).

+ Clicking the Restore button restores the previously-save band filter settings (from the Windows Registry).

+ Checking the "Transceiver Band Only" box is extended to also save the current band filter settings (to the Windows Registry).

Mike Flowers

Oooh - even better!! I like this approach!

[...]

+ When I started to implement this capability, I found that it's already present, except that the Band Filter settings are stored
and recovered from a 16-deep "history" rather than from the Windows Registry.

+ When you check the "Transceiver Band Only" box, the right-facing arrow button to its immediate left becomes enabled; click that
button to return to the "enabled bands" configuration at the time you checked the "Transceiver Band Only" box.

+ See the first paragraph in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Band%20Filter>

Mike Flowers

Yes! I see it now - works as you've implemented it!

I am constantly learning about all the neat features you've included in this
software!

Thanks, Dave.