Topics

Prop View Error messages

W0MU

When PV loads I get an error message that the resource is not available.  If I click on either the current or forecast button I get the same error.  If I enter config and go to those sites they come back with the proper pages and text.

When PV loads I get an error message that the resource is not available. If I click on either the current or forecast button I get the same error. If I enter config and go to those sites they come back with the proper pages and text.

+ Is there an errorlog.txt file in your PropView folder?

+ If so, please attach it to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

W0MU

No Errorlog.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 08:56 PM, W0MU wrote:

No Errorlog.
+ OK. Please make a screen shot showing the PropView error message, attach the screen shot to an email message, and send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

W0MU

Sent earlier today.

Sent earlier today.

+ In the "Prediction URLs" panel on the Prediction tab of PropView's Configuration window, PropView makes it easy to check forecasts for sunspot numbers, solar and geomagnetic conditions, and the SFI and A-index by sending a specified URL to your web browser. The screenshots you sent me showed that when you attempted to view two of these forecasts, the response was "not found".

+ Since both of the URLs in question were working as of 30 seconds ago, there are several possibilities:

1. the web sites were "down" when you tried to view them, but have since recovered

2. your anti-malware is preventing PropView from interacting with your web browser

+ If attempting to view these forecasts still generates an error message, then reboot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking", start PropView, and see if you can now view the forecasts. If your attempt succeeds, then configure your anti-malware to consider PropView (and your other DXLab applications) to be "safe".

W0MU

I have the entire DXlabs directory marked safe.  I will try adding the PV app exe as well.  The sites were not down as I could connect to the sites pushing the go buttons.

I have the entire DXlabs directory marked safe. I will try adding the PV app exe as well. The sites were not down as I could connect to the sites pushing the go buttons.

+ What happened when you rebooted Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking" and then started PropView? This is the definitive test for identifying interference from an anti-malware application automatically started when Windows is booted normally.

W0MU

I have not tried that yet as when I try to boot in Safe mode my hdmi monitor does not display anything so I can't see the options.  Need to hook up another monitor.

W0MU

Worked in safe mode.  Started digging around in the firewall settings and for some reason propview was blocked. Thanks for the help