Topics

Problems with a simple command sequence

Frank Ventura

Hi all, can anyone look at the command sequence below. When I run it the mode changes but the VFO frequency never does.  Can anyone look at this and tell me what I need to change to get the freq to change, thanks.

*** Start

<Name 75 Meters>

<QSY 3800>

<Tooltip QSY to 75m>

<Mode LSB>

The following items don't need to be changed

<Split Off>

<Receive>

<LED 2:9, red>

<LED green>

<end>

*** end

Dave / NR1DX

Frank

I'm not sitting in front of my radio computer to test this but a little voice in my head who has been down this road thinks you may have  specify the freq as 3.800 (not 3800 )  ??

Dave
NR1DX

--
Dave
Manuals@...

Frank Ventura

Hi Dave I specified it as "3800", no periods, commas or anything else, is that correct?
Thanks
[...]

I think you have to add the period as in 3.800 ...but I am not sure

On 6/12/2020 10:22 AM, Frank Ventura wrote:
[...]

I tried it as "QSY 3.800" that didn't work either. I must be missing something real obvious.

[...]

Must have been some other program I was thinking of. Your syntax appears correct  DXLAB wants to see freq in KHz I found my docs

Dave
NR1DX

On 6/12/2020 10:50 AM, Frank Ventura wrote:
[...]

Joe Subich, W4TV

Try adding a couple of <WAIT> commands (steps) between
setting frequency (changing bands) and changing modes.

On 2020-06-12 9:57 AM, Frank Ventura wrote:
Hi all, can anyone look at the command sequence below. When I run it the mode changes but the VFO frequency never does. Can anyone look at this and tell me what I need to change to get the freq to change, thanks.
*** Start
<Name 75 Meters>
<QSY 3800>
<Tooltip QSY to 75m>
<Mode LSB>
The following items don't need to be changed
<Split Off>
<Receive>
<LED 2:9, red>
<LED green>
<end>
*** end

Frank Ventura

Joe, that really seemed to help. Still need to do some more testing but thanks for the suggestion.
Frank

On 2020-06-12 9:57 AM, Frank Ventura wrote:
Hi all, can anyone look at the command sequence below. When I run it the mode changes but the VFO frequency never does. Can anyone look at this and tell me what I need to change to get the freq to change, thanks.
*** Start
<Name 75 Meters>
<QSY 3800>
<Tooltip QSY to 75m>
<Mode LSB>
The following items don't need to be changed <Split Off> <Receive>
<LED 2:9, red> <LED green> <end>
*** end

Joe, that really seemed to help. Still need to do some more testing but thanks for the suggestion.

+ What make and model transceiver are you using, Frank?

Frank Ventura

Dave, I am using an Icom ic7300. Here is the sequence that is currently working:
The following items should be changed for another band
<Name 75 Meters>
<wait>
<QSY 3800>
<wait>
<Tooltip QSY to 75m>
<wait>
<Mode LSB>
<wait>
The following items don't need to be changed
<Split Off>
<Receive>
<LED 2:9, red>
<LED green>
<end>

Thanks
Frank

Joe, that really seemed to help. Still need to do some more testing but thanks for the suggestion.

+ What make and model transceiver are you using, Frank?

Dave, I am using an Icom ic7300. Here is the sequence that is currently working:
The following items should be changed for another band <Name 75 Meters> <wait> <QSY 3800> <wait> <Tooltip QSY to 75m> <wait> <Mode LSB> <wait> The following items don't need to be changed <Split Off> <Receive> <LED 2:9, red> <LED green> <end>

+ Thanks, Frank.