Topics

Problem with SpotCollector Mode Filter

w2eck

Having an issue with SpotCollector Mode Filter. Clicked on the Mode filter button and then have only CW checked. All other modes are unchecked. But I am still seeing spots for various other modes. Other then doing what I described is there another step to activate the filter and see only CW spots?

73 Paul w2eck

Filtering by Mode

The Mode filter enables you to display only unhidden Spot Database entries for DX stations spotted in specified modes; clicking the Filter panel's Mode button displays the Mode Filter window, with checkboxes for several amateur modes. The Spot Database Display will not show Spot Database entries with modes having Mode Filter boxes un-checked.

Having an issue with SpotCollector Mode Filter. Clicked on the Mode filter button and then have only CW checked. All other modes are unchecked. But I am still seeing spots for various other modes. Other then doing what I described is there another step to activate the filter and see only CW spots?

+ Please do the following:

1. in the Filter panel at the bottom of SpotCollector's Main window, click the Mode button to open SpotCollector's "Mode Filter" window

2. in the "Mode Filter" window,

2a. click the None button at the bottom; does the Spot Database Display become empty?

2b. check the CW box; are the entries in the Spot Database Display limited to CW stations?

w2eck

Dave-
- Yes doing those steps in that order, now the entries in SC are  CW only.

- So in the future if one wants to change to another mode, is it best to follow the steps you listed?
- Did I miss this in the manual ?

73 & thank you once again for the great help you provide

Paul w2eck

- Yes doing those steps in that order, now the entries in SC are  CW only.

- So in the future if one wants to change to another mode, is it best to follow the steps you listed?
+ You must uncheck all of the boxes in the "Mode Filter" window except the CW box, which should be checked. Clicking the None button may be the fastest way to do that.

w2eck

Thanks Dave

73 Paul
w2eck