Problem with spot collector

John Wilson

Hello to group
  I'm having a problem with a new install on new computer.
I had all of Dxlab Suite up and running.I accidentally bumped the power switch on the power distribution panel.That cut power to the computer,when it came back up all the icon's had changed to generic.I tried to change back,but no dxlab icon's  showing.I tried to open launcher however It could not find the file to start.So uninstalled and started over.All are working except spot collector.which starts but says no spot database files specified spot will not be collected.Sorry for the long post I need some guidance to solve my problem.
Thanks in advance and 73 John K5JRW

  I'm having a problem with a new install on new computer.
I had all of Dxlab Suite up and running.I accidentally bumped the power switch on the power distribution panel.

+ Consider fabricating a protection mechanism that will prevent inadvertent power loss without losing the ability to quickly turn off the power in an emergency.

That cut power to the computer,when it came back up all the icon's had changed to generic.I tried to change back,but no dxlab icon's  showing.I tried to open launcher however It could not find the file to start.So uninstalled and started over.

+ Uninstalling and re-installing DXLab applications should always be the "court of last resort". To restore an application's desktop icon, delete it, and then recreate it by dragging the application's .exe file from "Windows Explorer" onto the desktop while depressing your keyboard's ALT button. To start the Launcher without a Desktop Icon available, use "Windows Explorer" to navigate to the folder in which the Launcher was installed, and double-click the entry for DXLabLauncher.exe. If this file no longer existed, then uninstalling and re-installing the Launcer was the correct course of action; the mistake too often made is to skip the "uninstalling" step, which can confuse Windows.

All are working except spot collector.which starts but says no spot database files specified spot will not be collected.
+ In the "Spot Database File" panel at the top of the Configuration window's "Spot Database" tab, what pathname is specified?

John Wilson

Thanks, Dave The file explorer was my first try but when I tried I got not found.
At the DXLab\spotcollector\Databases\Uncpmpactedspots.mdb.
when I open it up I see DXCC.mdb,SpecialCallsigns.mdb,spots.mdb
Thanks John

John Wilson

should have said windows explorer

Thanks, Dave The file explorer was my first try but when I tried I got not found.
At the DXLab\spotcollector\Databases\Uncpmpactedspots.mdb.
when I open it up I see DXCC.mdb,SpecialCallsigns.mdb,spots.mdb

+ In SpotCollector, change the Spot Database pathname to

DXLab\spotcollector\Databases\Spots.mdb

+ and then restart SpotCollector. If SpotCollector complains about not being able to access Spots.mbd,

1. terminate SpotCollector

2. delete

DXLab\spotcollector\Databases\Uncpmpactedspots.md

3. start SpotCollector

John Wilson

    Thanks for your help Dave
The second option took care of my problem.
73 and have a great week.