Topics

Problem save QSO due to invalid Date/Time

Tom LeClerc

I've run into an issue (as well as a friend of mine at his station) where when manually entering a date time into DXKeeper where when saving I got a message window saying "the QSO cannot be saved because its 'QSO End' item is invalid, either correct the 'WSO End' item, or delete the QSO".

I have checked the data there and it is perfect.  No extra spaces, nada.  I even tried to copy the QSO Begin item and paste it there.  I was also not able to leave it blank and save the QSO.  I thought that in the past we were able to leave it blank and it would fill in with the begin date/time when logging or saving it...

I was able to enter the contact into the capture window, save it and edit it to the date it needed to be and save it.

I seldom do this but I had a contact that I had written on paper and I wanted to add it to the log.

Anyone else seeing this?  (Dave, I kept a screen capture of the error and data being entered if you would like me to forward it)

73, Tom W1TJL

--
Tom LeClerc, Amateur Radio Station W1TJL
 (past calls WB1CBY, /VE8,XL8,CI8,VO2)

               LeClerc Consulting
              email: w1tjl@...
            PC/Network Consulting

Jim Wysocki

I've seen this behavior as well.  It started several weeks ago, about the time as one of the recent DXKeeper updates.  The error message occurs when a QSO is manually entered.  It can be made to go away by including a " : " between the hours and minutes in the "QSO End" item.  DXK used to allow the end time to be entered without the colon but it does not do so now.

73,  Jim  W9FI

On 1/18/2021 6:18 AM, Tom LeClerc wrote:
[...]

+ The current version of DXKeeper (15.9.6) includes a regression that rejects QSOs times that don't separate time components with a valid time separator character (in the United States locale, a colon). Jerry K7UPJ reported this to me the week before last. I have corrected this defect in the next version of DXKeeper, and sent it to you and Jim W9FI. Please let me know how it goes.

Jim Wysocki

Thanks, Dave.   I'll try the new version tonight and report back on the results.

73,  Jim  W9FI

+ AA6YQ comments below