Topics

PK-232sc+ modem file help for winwarbler

HB

Hi folks...
I'm trying to modify the modem file in order execute commands in the PK-232sc+ to turn on the usb sound card and route the audio from the traditional PK-232 audio chain to the sound card.  I have the correct commands and they work well from a dumb terminal to switch the PK into soundcard mode and back to "PK" mode (there are several commands that need a carriage return after each to work).

I need to switch it into soundcard mode for PSK  and then back to "PK" mode for RTTY and CW.

I have no idea what I'm doing in the modem file - I'm not sure how to read the syntax.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Hank
K4HYJ

Hi folks...
I'm trying to modify the modem file in order execute commands in the PK-232sc+ to turn on the usb sound card and route the audio from the traditional PK-232 audio chain to the sound card. I have the correct commands and they work well from a dumb terminal to switch the PK into soundcard mode and back to "PK" mode (there are several commands that need a carriage return after each to work).

I need to switch it into soundcard mode for PSK and then back to "PK" mode for RTTY and CW.

I have no idea what I'm doing in the modem file - I'm not sure how to read the syntax.

+ The documentation for external modem command files is here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/Help/RTTYModemCommandFiles.htm>

+ Alternatively, click one of WinWarbler's Help buttons, and navigate to

Configuration > RTTY settings > External RTTY Modem command files

HB

Thanks Dave....
I still need some hand holding :-)

How would I issue a command to an external modem when selecting PSK (31, etc.)?  Will the modem file be referenced when selecting PSK?

Would it look something like:
PSKCmd = <3>EXP ON<13>ADD $BF23<13>IO $08<13>ADD $BF0D<13>IO $77<13> (that is the string of commands I need to send to the PK-232sc+)

Assuming the <3> is CTRL-C and <13> is carriage return.

Hank
K4HYJ

How would I issue a command to an external modem when selecting PSK (31, etc.)? Will the modem file be referenced when selecting PSK?

+ External modem operation is supported for RTTY and CW only.

HB

Thanks Dave!

Could I assign those commands to a macro button?

Thanks,
Hank
K4HYJ

Could I assign those commands to a macro button?

+ No. As you can see in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/Help/Macros.htm>

+ there are no macro commands that interact with an external modem.

HB

Thanks Dave....

Bummer.

Anyway to execute a script then to the PK-232?  Or will it have to be a cut and paste, check the CMD box and then execute?

Thanks,
Hank

Anyway to execute a script then to the PK-232? Or will it have to be a cut and paste, check the CMD box and then execute?

+ There is no automated way to send commands to a PK-232.

+ It would not be difficult to add the capabilities you seek, but few if any other users would benefit.

HB

Thanks Dave.

There are quite a few upgraded PK-232s out there (upgraded to either the SC or SC+ models).  You would certainly have a corner on the market for folks wanting to use you software and their soundcard equipped PKs.

I'll be more than happy to be the test dummy.  I'll even send you my PK-232sc+ along with the programmer's handbook fresh from Timewave to work with.

Purty please!!!!
Hank
K4HYJ

There are quite a few upgraded PK-232s out there (upgraded to either the SC or SC+ models). You would certainly have a corner on the market for folks wanting to use you software and their soundcard equipped PKs.

+ All three of them?

I'll be more than happy to be the test dummy. I'll even send you my PK-232sc+ along with the programmer's handbook fresh from Timewave to work with.

+ I have a PK232 and its documentation, thanks.

+ I spend time on enhancements that will benefit a significant fraction of the user community. As you can see by reviewing the enhancement logs in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#AvailableReleases>

+ there are a lot of candidates with which any new request must compete.

HB

Thanks Dave...

I know at least 4!

Thanks for all you do.