Topics

PC broken

ik0rcy@...

Hello all,

last week my pc broke and now I have to reinstall all my software on a new pc. Regarding DxLab fortunately I recovered only the ik0rcy.mdb file only, but now my problem is that I have to resynchronize all the QSOs related to eQSL and LotW. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance.
Raoul, ik0rcy

last week my pc broke and now I have to reinstall all my software on a new pc. Regarding DxLab fortunately I recovered only the ik0rcy.mdb file only, but now my problem is that I have to resynchronize all the QSOs related to eQSL and LotW. Can you help me?

+ The QSOs in your ik0rcy.mdb log database each specify their eQSL and LoTW status, so no "resynchronization" is required.

+ On the Main window's LoTW tab, set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW. What dates appear beneath the "Sync LoTW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW QSLs" buttons?

+ On the Main window's LoTW tab, set the "QSL Via" panel to eQSL. What dates appear beneath the "Sync eQSL.cc QSLs" button?

+ After you finish getting all of your DXLab applications configured, I strongly suggest that you follow the instructions in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery>

+ This won't be the last time your PC fails...

ik0rcy@...

Hi Dave,

thank you for reply. I have just installed DxKeeper and before proceeding with your instructions I am already stuck. First of all I would try to recover from the old hard disk the data contained in the "my QTHs" window, but I would need to know in which file they are saved. Also opening the "my QTHs" window in DxKeeper I find this strange visualization:

https://imgur.com/Afx8aPu

The screen resolution is 1080x1920. How can I fix it?
Thanks again.

https://imgur.com/Afx8aPu

thank you for reply. I have just installed DxKeeper and before proceeding with your instructions I am already stuck. First of all I would try to recover from the old hard disk the data contained in the "my QTHs" window, but I would need to know in which file they are saved. Also opening the "my QTHs" window in DxKeeper I find this strange visualization:

https://imgur.com/Afx8aPu

+ Use the left mouse to drag the lower-right corner of the window upward and to the left.

ik0rcy@...

Too simple: the window is locked, it is not possible to enlarge it.

Too simple: the window is locked, it is not possible to enlarge it.

+ Evidently, the DXKeeper settings stored in the Windows Registry specify a "my QTH" tab size that is larger than your current monitor.

+ I have extended the next version of DXKeeper to detect and correct this situation, and sent you this new version. Please let me know how it goes...

ik0rcy@...

Hi Dave,

the problem remained, no difference with version 15.0.8. The external window can be modified, but the internal window has been cut as before and cannot be modified in size.

73 de Raoul, ik0rcy

the problem remained, no difference with version 15.0.8. The external window can be modified, but the internal window has been cut as before and cannot be modified in size.

+ Please do the following:

1. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. terminate DXKeeper

3. start DXKeeper

4. wait until the Main window is on-screen

5. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

6. attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

ik0rcy@...

Hi Dave,
I think maybe I didn't explain the problem well. In this image

https://imgur.com/5Zr2XmB

the green sides can already be dimensioned, but I would like the red side, like that of the "Log QSOs" tab, to widen following the right side of the main window
giving me more space for the columns. I hope this time I clarified the problem.
Thank you

73 de Raoul, ik0rcy

I think maybe I didn't explain the problem well. In this image

https://imgur.com/5Zr2XmB

the green sides can already be dimensioned, but I would like the red side, like that of the "Log QSOs" tab, to widen following the right side of the main window giving me more space for the columns. I hope this time I clarified the problem.

+ I misunderstood. I thought you were reporting that after switching to a new PC after your previous PC broke, the lower-resolution monitor you were using made it impossible to alter the size of the "my QTHs" tab.

+ In the next version of DXKeeper, the width of the table shown on the "my QTHs" tab expands to use the available horizontal space.

+ Thanks!