Pathfinder Script Error

Stewart Lewis

When I started DxLab Launcher this morning, I got a Script Error in Pathfinder.

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 1582
Char: 34
Error: Expected ";"
Code: 0
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

I reloaded DxLab and got the same error message.
What do I do to fix this problem?

Jim Hall

I also have the same problem and resulting error message with Pathfinder and QRZ this morning.

Joe Subich, W4TV

Dave's oft repeated response to questions about script errors is:

+ Take a look at this article:
https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventingScriptingErrors

On 2021-02-12 9:33 AM, Jim Hall wrote:
I also have the same problem and resulting error message with Pathfinder and QRZ this morning.

Patrick ON6AT

Hi,

Same problem today.

73 Patrick ON6AT

When I started DxLab Launcher this morning, I got a Script Error in Pathfinder.

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 1582
Char: 34
Error: Expected ";"
Code: 0

+ Pathfinder is Microsoft Internet Explorer with a thin added layer to facilitate searching specific web sites for QSL information. The error message above is from Internet Explorer informing you that the web page it is attempting to render contains errors.

I reloaded DxLab and got the same error message.

+ That's the rough equivalent of removing and then re-installing your car's engine when it won't start because its gas tank is empty.

What do I do to fix this problem?

+ See "Preventing Script Errors and Ensuring that Web Pages are Correctly Rendered" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventingScriptingErrors

Jim Hall

Hi, just incase other users are having the same issue:

I am still having the script related problem.  Issue results in the QRZ.com callsign page not displaying the Biography information.  As Dave suggested it is not a DXLab PF issue, since I get the same results when running qrz.com on IE (ver 11) by itself.  Tested on 2 Windows 10 computers and get the same issue on both.  Not sure what changed, as it was working fine last week.  Also getting script errors on other PF applications, such as WM7D.  Are others having this issue with IE, and did anybody figure out a fix?  I opened a customer support request with QRZ.com to see if they know of anything.

73 - Jim - AD4EB

Jim Hall

I just received a response back from the QRZ.com team regarding my support request.  They have worked on and resolved the issue on their end.   QRZ lookups are now working correctly in IE and in Pathfinder both.  73 - Jim - AD4EB

Hi, just incase other users are having the same issue:

I am still having the script related problem. Issue results in the QRZ.com callsign page not displaying the Biography information. As Dave suggested it is not a DXLab PF issue, since I get the same results when running qrz.com on IE (ver 11) by itself. Tested on 2 Windows 10 computers and get the same issue on both. Not sure what changed, as it was working fine last week. Also getting script errors on other PF applications, such as WM7D. Are others having this issue with IE, and did anybody figure out a fix? I opened a customer support request with QRZ.com to see if they know of anything.

+ The most likely explanation for this behavior is that the web pages in question have been modified in a way that causes Internet Explorer to report them as containing JavaScript errors.

+ It would be helpful to have specific callsigns and search sites that demonstrate this misbehavior. "Some of your web pages have scripting errors" won't cut much ice with QRZ staff.

I just received a response back from the QRZ.com team regarding my support request. They have worked on and resolved the issue on their end. QRZ lookups are now working correctly in IE and in Pathfinder both. 73 - Jim - AD4EB

+ thanks, Jim!