Pathfinder, QRZ.com XML, 2FA

Chuck, WS1L

This morning Pathfinder told me I was not logged in to QRZ.com.  I have two-factor authentication turned on since I manage a club callsign as well.  I have been using 2FA for several months now, and this is the first time I have seen this.

I'm using the XML lookup service, and I wonder if login won't work if 2FA is turned on?  Anyone else using this set up?

I'd like to keep the security of 2FA but I also do enjoy the XML connection.

73 de Chuck, WS1L

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I am not sure if 2FA would kill XML lookup. I doubt it would kill it as once you go to XML on a computer most 2FA systems remember the computer and do not need it again. Yes, some do not like my bank.

On the other hand I see no valid reason to use it on QRZ anyway.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Curt Bowles

Good Day Chuck..

I am having the same issue this morning. Get the MSG "not logged-in to QRZ.com" If I go to Pathfinder Configuration and try login I get the same msg.

I can login into QRZ.com no problem from my browser.

--
Curt Bowles
VE3ZN

Chuck, WS1L

Thank you.  Since I had been using 2FA for months I was hoping something had changed that might be correctable.
Your experience makes it seem more likely.

73 de Chuck, WS1L

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 8:09 AM Curt Bowles <curt.bowles@...> wrote:
Good Day Chuck..

I am having the same issue this morning. Get the MSG "not logged-in to QRZ.com" If I go to Pathfinder Configuration and try login I get the same msg.

I can login into QRZ.com no problem from my browser.

--
Curt Bowles
VE3ZN

Joe Subich, W4TV

Same here. Pathfinder's automatic QRZ login is not
working.

On 2022-05-16 8:09 AM, Curt Bowles wrote:
Good Day Chuck..
I am having the same issue this morning. Get the MSG "not logged-in to QRZ.com" If I go to Pathfinder Configuration and try login I get the same msg.
I can login into QRZ.com no problem from my browser.
--
Curt Bowles
VE3ZN

John Bastin K8AJS

On 16 May 2022, at 09:10, Chuck', WS1L <chandlerusm@...> wrote:

Thank you. Since I had been using 2FA for months I was hoping something had changed that might be correctable.
Your experience makes it seem more likely.

73 de Chuck, WS1L
Under “Configuring Pathfinder” in the Pathfinder Online Help, one line states:

“automatic login will not succeed if you have QRZ.com configured to employ two-factor authorization”

Hope this helps.

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin1@...
CWOps 1694
Ten-X 11306

Curt Bowles

Hello...

I went into my QRZ account and remove two-factor authorization. Logout of QRZ. And logged back in and confirmed two-factor authorization was removed. It was. I then went to Pathfinder/config/login and was able to login.

--
Curt Bowles
VE3ZN

Kent N6WT

I had the same problem this morning, I restarted PF and it logged in automatically.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 6:39 AM John Bastin K8AJS via groups.io <jbastin1=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

On 16 May 2022, at 09:10, Chuck', WS1L <chandlerusm@...> wrote:

> Thank you.  Since I had been using 2FA for months I was hoping something had changed that might be correctable.
> Your experience makes it seem more likely.
>
> 73 de Chuck, WS1L

Under “Configuring Pathfinder” in the Pathfinder Online Help, one line states:

“automatic login will not succeed if you have QRZ.com configured to employ two-factor authorization”

Hope this helps.

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin1@...
CWOps 1694
Ten-X 11306

This morning Pathfinder told me I was not logged in to QRZ.com. I have two-factor authentication turned on since I manage a club callsign as well. I have been using 2FA for several months now, and this is the first time I have seen this.

I'm using the XML lookup service, and I wonder if login won't work if 2FA is turned on? Anyone else using this set up?

I'd like to keep the security of 2FA but I also do enjoy the XML connection.

+ Pathfinder's "automatic login" option for QRZ can only be assured to work if QRZ's 2FA is disabled.

Thank you. Since I had been using 2FA for months I was hoping something had changed that might be correctable.

+ Something evidently changed, but not in Pathfinder.