PathFinder not supported by Google Maps

WA8Y Steven

Hi Dave,

I like using your QRZ (.com) button in DXV.   And in Pathfinder, I often click from Biography to Details Tab.  In the Detail Tab I can see a map window.  But Clicking on "Show Map" button opens Internet Explorer and as you know that doesn't work any more.    (Microsoft has a new browser, Microsoft Edge)

Well, its been since March that PathFinder users can't see the map and its because, and I quote "You are using a browser that is not supported by the Google Maps JavaScript API. Please consider changing your browser".
There are posts about "Google Maps from Pathfinder"  back on March 20 and 25th, 2022.
Can you please make a work-around so Pathfinder opens a newer Browser?
My work-around is to open QRZ.com, in a newer browser, login again, enter the Callsign, click on Details Tab, Click on "Show Map".
I know QRZ's "Show Map" button works from FireFox, and Microsoft Edge, but not Internet Explorer.

Steve WA8Y

[...]

+ Pathfinder's primary function is to enable the rapid discovery of QSL route information: type or select a callsign once, and then check up to 12 online sources of QSL information with one mouse click per source.

+ Pathfinder's secondary function is to provide DXKeeper users with no-cost access to QRZ.com as a callbook.

+ When Pathfinder was first deployed, QRZ.com did not include a map capability.

+ Pathfinder does not open or otherwise interoperate with a classic Web Browser. Pathfinder incorporates a WebBrowser control provided by Microsoft. This WebBrowser control works correctly on all current versions of Windows, whether or not Internet Explorer or Edge are present.

+ QRZ's map is no longer accessible from Pathfinder's Main window because Google made a change to the mapping API that QRZ uses. Short of convincing QRZ to switch to a different mapping mechanism, there is no feasible workaround.

Charles N2SO

If you need a map Steve, here's the "workaround" that I occasionally use:  https://www.dxmaps.com/callbook/. There are lots of other features as well.

--
73, Charles N2SO

--
73, Charles N2SO

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-09-28 6:16 AM, Charles N2SO wrote:
If you need a map Steve, here's the "workaround" that I occasionally use: https://www.dxmaps.com/callbook/. There are lots of other features as well.
I would not touch dxmaps with a 3 meter pole due to their cookie and
data sharing policies. They are some of the worst and most abusive
I've encountered in 30 years of computer experience.

wrote:

[...]

Dave / NR1DX

Joe

AMEN !!!!!!!!!

Dave
NR1DX

wrote:

[...]

Dave Manuals@... www.ArtekManuals.com

WA8Y Steven

Thank you Charles. I don't see how this shows the callsign on Google Maps?
There is https://haminfo.tetranz.com/map but it only works with USA call signs.
I think there is a way to link PF to DXAtlas, however it doesn't display a Satellite view.
If I want to look at a foreign hams QTH on Google maps, I will use QRZ.com outside of PF.
Steve WA8Y