Topics

Pathfinder -- Japanese stations -- Search for prefecture, city/gun

Tom DF7TV

Hello,
sometimes the prefecture, city/gun of a Japanese station can not be retrieved from QRZ.com

In these cases I wrote the small search text "JJ1WTL.txt" to be used in Pathfinder.

The available official license data are (to my knowledge) only available in Japanese so using JJ1WTL'S LICENSE DATA SEARCH was the way to go for me.

This may be of use to others who like to work awards of the JARL, KCJ etc.

(It would be nice to automatically transfer the prefecture, city/gun information into the according DXKeeper fields, but I do not know how this may be done.)

73
Tom DF7TV

JJ1WTL.txt
--
{SearchName}JJ1WTL
{SearchURL}http://motobayashi.net/callsign/licensesearch.shtml?target={TargetCallsign}

sometimes the prefecture, city/gun of a Japanese station can not be retrieved from QRZ.com

In these cases I wrote the small search text "JJ1WTL.txt" to be used in Pathfinder.

The available official license data are (to my knowledge) only available in Japanese so using JJ1WTL'S LICENSE DATA SEARCH was the way to go for me.

This may be of use to others who like to work awards of the JARL, KCJ etc.

+ Very nice, Tom!

+ If you rename your search file JA.txt then Pathfinder will place a JJ1WTL search button beneath its callsign box whenever the callsign box contains a Japanese callsign.

+ May I include your JJ1WTL search in Pathfinder's Search library and distribute it to the DXLab user community?

(It would be nice to automatically transfer the prefecture, city/gun information into the according DXKeeper fields, but I do not know how this may be done.)

+ That would require adding a new "JJ1WTL via Pathfinder" option to the Callbook tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, and extending Pathfinder to scrape the HTML from http://motobayashi.net/callsign/licensesearch.shtml so it can extract the prefecture and city/gun information for transport to DXKeeper. As the recent change to the format of QRZ.com has demonstrated, this approach is quite fragile, causing the need for a new version of Pathfinder whenever the format of the QRZ web page changes. I am not anxious to create more of these kinds of dependencies.

JJ1WTL.txt
--
{SearchName}JJ1WTL
{SearchURL}http://motobayashi.net/callsign/licensesearch.shtml?target={TargetCallsign}
{SearchPostData}
{SearchHeaders}
{SearchCaption}JJ1WTL
{SearchTooltip}click to search the JJ1WTL'S Japan callsign database
--

Tom DF7TV

Edited

Hello Dave,

thank you for your comments ...and sure you may include the JJ1WTL search in Pathfinder's Search library and distribute it to the DXLab user community.

I am glad that I decided to use DXLab when I started DXing in 2017.

Thank you and the contributors for this nice piece of software!

73
Tom DF7TV