Topics

Pathfinder freezes

KD7YZ Bob

Edited

Windows 10-Pro
CWSkimmer and Aggregator running unattended

A few times ONLY over the last two or three days, I'll notice Pathfinder
5.2.6 is open and there is a dropdown list of recent lookups.
I can not seem to Dismiss pathfinder. That is, I can't minimize it
without Killing the Process Tree from another SysInternals program.

This last occurrence was when I was in the bunk and asleep.
I noted that both Pathfinder as well as a CWSkimmer displayed the same
recent call.

Since Pathfinder has, for maybe decades here, always run flawlessly for
me, I guess it is somehow connected to CWSkimmer.
Frankly I wasn't aware that I'd set Skimmer to interact. And I didn't
know CWSkimmer COULD interact.

Where else should I look?

two screenshots are located on DropBox, FWIW.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9qexg7haudgjm5/rbn-skimmer.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrc50pkmnesi66q/rbn-stop.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o92tj9q9ba7w3b/Pathfinder-launcher.JPG?dl=0

Note N4QR callsign appears on the top of the Pathfinder list as well as
as a decoded callsign on the CWSkimmer window.

Note that Launcher seems to think Pathfinder is not running (while it is frozen)

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

Windows 10-Pro
CWSkimmer and Aggregator running unattended

A few times ONLY over the last two or three days, I'll notice Pathfinder
5.2.6 is open and there is a dropdown list of recent lookups.

+ That's QRZ's web page displaying a list of recent lookups; Pathfinder is just displaying the QRZ.com web page. I don't know what gesture causes QRZ.com to do this; it might be a clue as to what's going on.

I can not seem to Dismiss pathfinder. That is, I can't minimize it without Killing the Process Tree from another SysInternals program.

+ Pathfinder is a thin layer of code that invokes Internet Explorer. I don't recall any user reporting "can't terminate Pathfinder" during the past ~20 years.

+ The fact that CW Skimmer is displaying an error message might also be a clue; is this message always present with Pathfinder can't be terminated?

KD7YZ Bob

On 10/10/2020 18:19, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ The fact that CW Skimmer is displaying an error message might also
be a clue; is this message always present with Pathfinder can't be
terminated?
Yes

As I said tho, it isn't pathfinder

I didn't manually do a lookup of N4QR. That was another puzzlement.
So I was wondering if somethi9ng connected with Aggregator; Skimmer and
my CW activity, did do a QRZ lookup and tried it thru pathfinder ...
just fishing here, . I'll keep you posted if I find anything significant.

I just posted a thread about Object require ... and I would venture a
guess that this is all tied together.

I am running 5 of 7 in the Suite. Not WW or SC yet.

then there's CWSkimmer 2.1 ;Aggregator 6.11; PuTTY release 0.74

I have Inbound and Outbound Windows Firewall/Defender rules waving
scanning of DxLabs and the other aforementioned.

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901