Topics

Pathfinder does not obtain (and diplay in DXKeeper LOG page) NAME and QTH data from QRZ.COM

Tom DF7TV

Hello,
since about October 12, 2020 I can not get the NAME and QTH data from QRZ.COM into a new QSO Log in DXKeeper by clicking the "CBA" button. Surprisingly the email address of a new contact for example, is correctly inserted from QRZ.COM as before.
I looked into the ErrorLog of Pathfinder and DXKeeper, but there are no actual errors shown.

73
Tom

since about October 12, 2020 I can not get the NAME and QTH data from QRZ.COM into a new QSO Log in DXKeeper by clicking the "CBA" button. Surprisingly the email address of a new contact for example, is correctly inserted from QRZ.COM as before.
I looked into the ErrorLog of Pathfinder and DXKeeper, but there are no actual errors shown.

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following

1. on the General tab of Pathfinder's Configuration window, check the "log debugging info" box
2. terminate Pathfinder
3. start Pathfinder
4. direct DXKeeper to perform a callbook lookup
5. on the General tab of Pathfinder's Configuration window, uncheck the "log debugging info" box
6. type the callsign you looked up in step 4 into the body of an email message
7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Pathfinder folder to the email message you created in step 6
8. send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Tom DF7TV

Thank you Dave!
I just sent the according message to you.

73
Tom

Thank you Dave!
I just sent the according message to you.

+ I have not received your message, Tom. My email address is

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Tom DF7TV

Hello Dave,

I sent it again...and hope this time it works :)

73
Tom

I sent it again...and hope this time it works :)

+ Still nothing received. Please try sending the message to

dave.bernstein (at) comcast.net

...sent it to the new address.

My email address used is df7tv (at) mailbox.org

If that still does not work, I may temporarily upload the ErrorLog.txt file (Looking up "AA6YK") to my QSL.NET homepage. So you might download it from there.

+ Thanks for the errorlog.txt file, Tom.

+ In the "Internet Explorer" panel at the bottom of Pathfinder's Configuration, click the "Update Emulation" button. This should change the "Emulation" displayed in this panel from blank to 11.

+ Now try a callbook lookup of AA6YK.

Tom DF7TV

Thank you very much Dave!

Now it works again.
Pathfinder now shows: Emulation is consistent, Version 11, Emulation 11.

When the error occured the first time I searched in a help file for a solution and found the hint to "activate Internet Explorer Emulation", but I thought this would be a setting within the Internet Explorer -- so I had no chance to find such a setting :)

Great support, great software Dave!

73
Tom

Now it works again.
Pathfinder now shows: Emulation is consistent, Version 11, Emulation 11.

+ Good!

When the error occured the first time I searched in a help file for a solution and found the hint to "activate Internet Explorer Emulation", but I thought this would be a setting within the Internet Explorer -- so I had no chance to find such a setting :)

+ If you post the URL of the help file that suggested to "activate Internet Explorer Emulation", I will clarify the action to be taken.

Tom DF7TV

Hello Dave,
when I tried to solve the problem on my own, I think I did not understand correctly the shown section "Configuring Pathfinder" of
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/pathfinder/Help.htm

Having read the part "In the Internet Explorer panel, click the Update Emulation button" I immediatly thought it would be a setting to do in the Internet Explorer itself.

Well -- my fault.

73
Tom

--
"In the Internet Explorer panel, click the Update Emulation button; doing so will add an entry to the Windows Registry that enables Pathfinder to display web pages using the full capabilities of the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer. Depending upon the version of Windows you are running, a small User Account Control window seeking your approval may appear; this window may only be visible on the Windows Taskbar, in which case you should open it from there. After you approve this action, Pathfinder will offer to terminate so that you can restart it with the new Windows Registry setting in force."

when I tried to solve the problem on my own, I think I did not understand correctly the shown section "Configuring Pathfinder" of
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/pathfinder/Help.htm

Having read the part "In the Internet Explorer panel, click the Update Emulation button" I immediatly thought it would be a setting to do in the Internet Explorer itself.

+ Thanks, Tom. I made some improvements in the documentation that should help:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/pathfinder/Help.htm>