Topics

Pathfinder

Robert galambos

When I click on VE CB for a Canadian call sign I get access denied on the cdn gov't web site.

When I click on RAC button I get an error message path not found d:\  (DLL version 9). I think those is an installation issue, as the software is installed on e:

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

When I click on VE CB for a Canadian call sign I get access denied on the cdn gov't web site.

+ In 2017, the Canadian government removed the online directory of Canadian Amateurs that Pathfinder was previously able to search.

When I click on RAC button I get an error message path not found d:\ (DLL version 9). I think those is an installation issue, as the software is installed on e:

+ In order for Pathfinder to use the RAC callbook, you must have purchased and installed the Flying Horse Radio Amateur Callbook. I don't know that up-to-date versions of this callbook are available.

ve3ki

The Canadian government did not remove the online directory. They changed its address to
<https://apc-cap.ic.gc.ca/pls/apc_anon/query_amat_cs$.startup>. Be warned, it's not very fast.

RAC callbook - There might be some confusion here. He might have been expecting this to link
to an access portal to the database of Canadian amateurs that was provided by Radio Amateurs
of Canada (RAC - the Canadian counterpart to the ARRL). At one time, RAC had a copy of the
Canadian government database on their own web site. That was dropped several years ago.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 02:48 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

When I click on VE CB for a Canadian call sign I get access denied on the cdn gov't web site.

+ In 2017, the Canadian government removed the online directory of Canadian Amateurs that Pathfinder was previously able to search.

When I click on RAC button I get an error message path not found d:\ (DLL version 9). I think those is an installation issue, as the software is installed on e:

+ In order for Pathfinder to use the RAC callbook, you must have purchased and installed the Flying Horse Radio Amateur Callbook. I don't know that up-to-date versions of this callbook are available.

Robert galambos

It was a heads up for the users of the software

Thanks for the additional info.

On Sep. 16, 2020, at 14:56, ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:
[...]

+ It's also not searchable by an application like Pathfinder. The online version of Pathfinder is able to search the Canadian government's directory.

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/pathfinder/WebClient/>

+ but the online version does not interoperate with DXLab applications.

Robert galambos

NW.

I thought you should know, given that the buttons are there.

Thanks for all the work you do.

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

On Sep. 16, 2020, at 15:11, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

The Canadian government did not remove the online directory. They changed its address to <https://apc-cap.ic.gc.ca/pls/apc_anon/query_amat_cs$.startup>. Be warned, it's not very fast.

+ It's also not searchable by an application like Pathfinder. The online version of Pathfinder is able to search the Canadian government's directory.

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/pathfinder/WebClient/>

+ but the online version does not interoperate with DXLab applications.

I thought you should know, given that the buttons are there.

+ The RAC button will work if you have the "Radio Amateur's Callbook" installed on your computer, and Pathfinder configured to reference it. I just tested it with my 2002 version of the callbook.

+ If a search is no longer available, like the VE search, removing the its search file (VE.txt) from Pathfinder's Search folder will stop the button from appearing when you enter a VE callsign.

+ Surprise: on a whim, I tested my last unsuccessful attempt at a VE search file compatible the Canadian government directory. It now seems to work! Evidently, the failure back in 2017 was due to a defect in the online directory which has subsequently been corrected.

+ If this survives additional testing, I will arm Pathfinder to distribute an updated VE search file.

Darrell Drake

I don't use Pathfinder, I just set up the callbook in DXKeeper's config file to HamQTH (once you've initially logged in)
and have never had a problem. HamQTH reports on virtually all call signs.
FWIW

Cheers,
Darrell,
VA3DG/VE3DDG

Alan Swinger

Darrell - I set up an acct w/ HamQTH based on your comments and put in the log-in info in the DXK callbook tab. So, how does it work with DXK? Is there an auto pop-up w/ Station data once logged?
Tks for the suggestion. - Alan K9MBQ

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 9:40 AM Darrell Drake <va3dg@...> wrote:
I don't use Pathfinder, I just set up the callbook in DXKeeper's config file to HamQTH (once you've initially logged in)
and have never had a problem. HamQTH reports on virtually all call signs.
FWIW

Cheers,
Darrell,
VA3DG/VE3DDG

Darrell - I set up an acct w/ HamQTH based on your comments and put in the log-in info in the DXK callbook tab. So, how does it work with DXK? Is there an auto pop-up w/ Station data once logged?

+ See

< https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/UpdateLogFromCallbook.htm>

+ and

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CallbookLookup>

+ Information from a callbook lookup is not displayed in separate window; it is used to populate the window from which the lookup was initiated: DXKeeper's Capture window, The "Log QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, or WinWarbler's Main window.