OT: LOTW WAS Report - Selected vs Awarded ?

Mike Rhodes / W8DN

Slugging away at fixing my WAS status in DXK. Over 4700 Q's deep in the report and have been setting any contact check marked to 'V' in my log when it suddenly dawned on me that I might have just screwed myself again! I should have asked this several hours ago but what the heck does "Awarded" (green check) vs "Selected" (black check) mean ? If the black checks do not have anything to with awarded WAS credit, what the h--- are they doing there and HOW did they get there ?

My fingers are about worn out and I have WAY to many WAS Verified contacts so, not only am I upset with myself for several reasons, I am thoroughly PO'd at LOTW for being ambiguous in their markings !

Mike / W8DN

Mike Rhodes / W8DN

Think I found the explanation of the black check mark - marked for inclusion in a future application. Why ?? Again my fault for not checking first but AAARRRGGGHH !!! Makes less than no sense !!

Mike / W8DN

On 8/16/2021 8:30 PM, Mike Rhodes / W8DN via groups.io wrote:
[...]

+ The meaning of the colored checkmarks is described here, just beneath the 2nd screen shot:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/viewing-qsls#AwardStatus