Topics

OT - 726R and NoMic

D. Scott MacKenzie

Hi all:

Perhaps this is a bit off thread.

I have a 756Pro that interfaces to sound card and CI-V interface to ATEN USB/Serial port.  DXLabs reads it – it works with WSJT, etc.  Everything is just great.

Now, with the great tropo opening on 2M that lasted a couple of days, I dragged out my meager 5 element 2M beam and connected to my FT-726R.  Amazingly, I was able to hear stations 1000 miles away on a small beam up 10 feet.  The FT-726R is an old rig.  It does not even have VOX.  I am trying to go through a USB connector to a serial RigBlaster NOMIC to key the rig.

My questions are:

  • How do I set up the NOMIC so that I key the rig from WSJT (I need to talk to WSJT/Rigblaster)?
  • How do I get DXLabs to recognize the NOMIC separately from the 756Pro?
  • What sort of USB to Serial adapter do I need so that DXLabs knows that I switched rigs and use a different Serial Port?

It was easier when I used the 817 as the VHF/UHF rig

I probably didn’t formulate my questions properly.  If you have any ideas, please send me a note off-line so I don’t use too much group bandwidth.

Thanks

Scott aka KB0FHP

Perhaps this is a bit off thread.

I have a 756Pro that interfaces to sound card and CI-V interface to ATEN USB/Serial port. DXLabs reads it - it works with WSJT,
etc. Everything is just great.

Now, with the great tropo opening on 2M that lasted a couple of days, I dragged out my meager 5 element 2M beam and connected to my
FT-726R. Amazingly, I was able to hear stations 1000 miles away on a small beam up 10 feet. The FT-726R is an old rig. It does
not even have VOX. I am trying to go through a USB connector to a serial RigBlaster NOMIC to key the rig.

* How do I set up the NOMIC so that I key the rig from WSJT (I need to talk to WSJT/Rigblaster)?
* How do I get DXLabs to recognize the NOMIC separately from the 756Pro?
* What sort of USB to Serial adapter do I need so that DXLabs knows that I switched rigs and use a different Serial Port?

+ The FT-726 cannot be tracked or controlled via CAT commands. Commander does not provide a generic "RX-TX switching only" choice in
its "Radio Model" selector.