Topics

Order of Program Execution?

Does it matter in which order one opens the programs?  I run Windows 10 Home current edition, then load Flex SmartSDR 2.6.1, then DX Launcher (minus DXKeeper and SC), then DXKeeper and SC, then WSJT-X and finally JTAlert.  Loaded from scratch that works.  If something gets out of whack, usually WSJT-X no longer follows frequency changes, I try various orders of shutting programs down and starting them up.
Recently, for no reason I know, WSJT-X has not been talking well with DX Commander and SmartSDR especially if there is a frequency and mode change, and I end up shutting down the entire computer and loading everything all over again.  It's getting old.
My question is whether order of loading is important or whether I should look at other settings or both to resolve the communication issue.
--
Jim NO0B

Does it matter in which order one opens the programs?

+ Among DXLab applications there is no requirement that one be started before another.

+ Some bridge and gateway applications must be started after a specific DXLab applications is already running.

I run Windows 10 Home current edition, then load Flex SmartSDR 2.6.1, then DX Launcher (minus DXKeeper and SC), then DXKeeper and SC, then WSJT-X and finally JTAlert. Loaded from scratch that works. If something gets out of whack, usually WSJT-X no longer follows frequency changes, I try various orders of shutting programs down and starting them up.
Recently, for no reason I know, WSJT-X has not been talking well with DX Commander and SmartSDR especially if there is a frequency and mode change, and I end up shutting down the entire computer and loading everything all over again. It's getting old.
My question is whether order of loading is important or whether I should look at other settings or both to resolve the communication issue.

+ Startup order is not likely the problem. I suggest that you focus first on why WSJT-X stops correctly interacting with Commander.