Old Use - New Install

n6rsh

Hi,

 I had to re-install Windows 10 on my computer (PLEASE don't ask me why - Its done). I downloaded DXLauncher and proceeded to reinstall DXLab Suite per instructions for my IC-7300. So, using DXLaubcher, I installed all modules. I checked with DXView for new versions and this is what I got:

So far, so good. However when I launch DXCommander, it tells me this:

So I go to the General tab and I get this list for radios while looking for the IC-7300:

As you can see, the 7300 isn't even listed.
What am I doing wrong? I have been using HRD but I like DXKeeper's logbook better so I am starting to migrate BACK to DXLabs and FLdigi.

Thanks for looking and 73,
Steve Panattoni N6RSH

Dave AA6YQ

I had to re-install Windows 10 on my computer (PLEASE don't ask me why - Its done). I downloaded DXLauncher and proceeded to reinstall DXLab Suite per instructions for my IC-7300.

So, using DXLaubcher, I installed all modules. I checked with DXView for new versions and this is what I got:

+ DXView doesn't indicate whether new versions of applications are available; it only does that for databases.

+ This group does not convey attachments, so no one can see what you posted.

So far, so good. However when I launch DXCommander, it tells me this:

+ This group does not convey attachments, so no one can see what you posted.

So I go to the General tab and I get this list for radios while looking for the IC-7300:

As you can see, the 7300 isn't even listed.

What am I doing wrong?

+ If you look at the title bar of Commander's Main window, you'll likely see that you are running a long-obsolete version of Commander. The current public version of Commander is 15.2.0. If that's not the version that you are running, terminate Commander, and direct the Launcher to upgrade Commander - and any other DXLab applications that haven't been upgraded to their current versions.

+ If this post doesn't get you going, please let me know.

n6rsh

These are my Versions:
Cmd - 15.2.0
DxK - 16.3.2
DxV - 4.7.9
Laun - 2.1.4
Path - 5.2.6
Prop - 2.0.0
Spot - 8.9.2
Warb - 9.3.7

 When I first installed DXLabs a couple of years ago, I know I had the 7300 set up. According to the Launcher, I am up to date.

????

Steve N6RSH

Robie - AJ4F

Steve.

I'm using Commander 15.2 and IC-7300 shows up in my rig list.

Robie AJ4F

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 1:06 PM n6rsh <stevenpanattoni@...> wrote:
[...]

+ If 15.2.0 appears in the title bar of Commander's Main window but the IC-7300 is not present in Commander's Radio Model selector, then the Radios.txt file in your Commander folder is obsolete, either because the Launcher's update mechanism was prevented from replacing it with the current version, or because the file was subsequently replaced with the obsolete version. To correct this,

1. terminate Commander

2. download the current radios.txt file from

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Radios.txt

and place it in your Commander folder, replacing the existing file with the same name

3. start Commander

n6rsh

Dave,

 Thanks again. You are Everywhere! I'm surprised you have time to get on the radio. hi hi

 I followed these instructions and clicked on the in step 2. Instead of going to a file to download, it just displayed the text file on screen. So I copied all and pasted it into the existing Radios.txt file and replaced the old info in the file. I then started commander, found the 7300 on the list and selected it. So far so good. I will now proceed with getting the radio/computer setup with the warbler. If all goes well, I think I will dump HRD and go with DXLab/FLDigi.

As usual, thanks again and 73,
Steve - N6RSH

>1. terminate Commander

>2. download the current radios.txt file from

>https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Radios.txt

>and place it in your Commander folder, replacing the existing file with the same name

>3. start Commander

Thanks again. You are Everywhere! I'm surprised you have time to get on the radio. hi hi
+ I spent most of the afternoon burying a new armored rotator cable and tracking down an "open" in the power cable for my low-band RX 4-square that has prevented me from working Eswatini on 160m.