I get an unknown flashing alarm on my stationmaster (SM) after running about 30 minutes when the logger program running is DXlabs. This only happens with DXlabs and no other loggers/program. My station configuration is a K3 hooked to a stationmaster running Router vs 9.2.5. (The PC is a Win 10 system). I use the stationmaster mainly to control my tower mounted antenna switch and to configure a TX 4 SQ and a RX only 4 SQ. I have two presets on the router program, one for DXLABS and one for WSJT. When I select the WSJT preset, everything works normal and continues to work normally if I leave things in that configuration, even for days. To use DXLabs, i then shutdown WSJT, select the DXLabs preset, and launch DXlabs. All programs come up and everything works normally for about 30 minutes. After that, I get an unknown flashing alarm LED on the SM. No change occurs on the SM local display. Commander will control the rig but nothing gets through the stationmaster to switch the antenna. This only happens after a relatively long period of time so I wonder if some port has gone to sleep. However, all of my Windows Com ports are set for NO sleeping. If i look at device manager to get info on the port for the microham device, i see no option to select for power management. With the flashing alarm present, I can go to the Router program, select DXLabs preset, and the alarm clears, and I am able to switch the radio to a new band and the SM switches the antenna. Then in about 30 minutes the unknown flashing red alarm occurs and the inability to switch the antennas starts again. I thought there was a com log for the SM but I do not seem to see one. Is there another way to "capture" when the flashing red alarm light occurs? Or has this occurred with similar circumstances and what is the "fix"?

+ What does the StationMaster documentation say causes the red alarm light to illuminate?

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-01-15 10:52 PM, Greg wrote:
I get an unknown flashing alarm on my stationmaster (SM) after running
about 30 minutes when the logger program running is DXlabs.
1) pressing the FUNC key on SM will display the cause of the alarm.
What does it say?

I have two presets on the router program, one for DXLABS and one for
WSJT. When I select the WSJT preset, everything works normal and
continues to work normally if I leave things in that configuration,
even for days.
2) What is the difference between the two presets? I you close WSJTX
(or have WSJTX use Commander) before starting Commander the presets
should (could) be identical.

However, all of my Windows Com ports are set for NO sleeping. If i
look at device manager to get info on the port for the microham device, i see no option to select for power management.
3) Have you disabled "USB Selective Suspend" in the Windows Power
Options? PC Options -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional Power
Settings -> Change Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings ->
USB Settings -> USB Selective Suspend Settings ... set to Disable.

Commander will control the rig but nothing gets through the stationmaster to switch the antenna. This only happens after a relatively long period of time so I wonder if some port has gone to sleep.
4) What is the "Command Interval" in Commander? I use 160ms with
my K3, MK III and SM and have never had this issue.

I thought there was a com log for the SM but I do not seem to see
one.
5) There is: Router -> Ports, click the Set button for the CAT port.
You will see "CAT Communications Log" in the bottom 2/3 of that screen.
Operation is described in the Station Master Users Manual (pg 22).

On 2022-01-15 10:52 PM, Greg wrote:
[...]
Greg, N9GB

Greg

Thanks for the tips.  I did confirm that USB Selective Suspends were disabled.  I have set the interval on Commander from 200ms to 160ms to match your settings. And I found the Router log and have it capturing the dataflow back and forth to hopefully identify when the undesired event happens.  I am not exactly sure that the settings are the same between the Preset for WSJT and for DXLABS but they appear to be as far as I can tell.  I have captured the file from the cat log and it appears that the router is not receiving info. So I am updating the firmware just in case.  Have not been able to duplicate things this evening so I will try again tomorrow.

Joe Subich, W4TV

Again, what is the source of the error displayed on Station Master
LCD panel when the ALARM led blinks?

I have captured the file from the cat log and it appears that the router is not receiving info.
Send the CAT Communications Log demonstrating the problem to
"support@microham.com". That is the appropriate venue for
microHAM support.