Nothing open up

Komkit Listisard

Came home fired up PC, nothing updated that I am ware of.   Going to my usual step launching some programs, then come to DXLab suit - nothing open up.

DXK, SC, Launcher not opening up.  Nothing on the Task Bar that I could move, nothing just like I never launch the programs.

When I try to launch, say DXK - Windows 10 complaining DXK is already running on my PC.  I could nothing anything.  Except I can see them in the Task Manager and have to ended the programs that way.

Any suggestion?

73, Kit

Came home fired up PC, nothing updated that I am ware of. Going to my usual step launching some programs, then come to DXLab suit - nothing open up.

DXK, SC, Launcher not opening up. Nothing on the Task Bar that I could move, nothing just like I never launch the programs.

When I try to launch, say DXK - Windows 10 complaining DXK is already running on my PC. I could nothing anything. Except I can see them in the Task Manager and have to ended the programs that way.

Any suggestion?

+ Your computer's hardware or software has likely suffered a significant insult.

+ Let's start with the Launcher. Is there an errorlog.txt file in its folder? If so, please attach it to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Komkit Listisard

Dave,

No errorlog.txt in Launcher dir.

In \DXLab sub-directories I do have total of 4 errorlog.txt the newest one was in DXK directory but that was on May, 7 2021. The other 3 were in 2019.   I shut down PC this morning before I go to work.  I used this PC (laptop) every day for my HAM shack.

Do you still need me to send the DXK log dated May, 7 2021?

So far only DXLab suit are the only program(s) that does not open up from what I can see right now.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

I tried to open the launch again, nothing happen.  Then 5 min later it opened up. I tried to click on SC  to open the SC. Then I notice DX Laucher (Not Responding) then few min later I see SC LED turned blue.

Have to forced shut down the program.

No errorlog.txt in Launcher dir.

In \DXLab sub-directories I do have total of 4 errorlog.txt the newest one was in DXK directory but that was on May, 7 2021. The other 3 were in 2019.   I shut down PC this morning before I go to work.  I used this PC (laptop) every day for my HAM shack.

Do you still need me to send the DXK log dated May, 7 2021?

+ The DXKeeper errorlog.txt file isn't relavant to your current problem, but I'd like to see it.

So far only DXLab suit are the only program(s) that does not open up from what I can see right now.

+ Using WIndows Explorer, please navigate to the folder containing the DXLab Launcher. Locate the entry for

DXLabLauncher.exe

+ and double-click it. Does the Launcher's Main window appear on-screen?

I tried to open the launch again, nothing happen.  Then 5 min later it opened up. I tried to click on SC
+ That sounds like interference from an anti-malware application. Please reboot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking. Then start the Launcher. What happens?

Komkit Listisard

Dave, okay will do.

Went and got something to eat, now SC is opened up.  All spots seems to coming just fine.  But I will try save mode with network first.

As far as anti malware I just use what came with Windows 10.

73, Kit

Went and got something to eat, now SC is opened up.  All spots seems to coming just fine.  But I will try save mode with network first.

As far as anti malware I just use what came with Windows 10.
+ Whatever the source, you are responsible for configuring your anti-malware to enable DXLab applications to work correctly.

Komkit Listisard

Oh, and just right about to reboot into safe mode.  I try to close the SC program but on the top I've got (not responding) then I waited for about 1 min then (not responding) went away and SC shut down.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

Dave,

Okay, thank you.  Booted up in safe mode every components within DXLab suit opened up instantly no issue at all.

Something with MS anti-virus / malware got changed over night me think.  Been using this particular laptop for about 7 months now.  This is the first time I see this and 3 years with DXlab this is the first time I see this as well.

I will have to look around not sure what kind of setting I have to do.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

Dave,

I still can not come up with any real solution.   The solution right now is to launch all DXLab programs and go cut the grass and come back then it all good.  Logging and spotting seems fine no issue.

And / or never to closed DXLab programs again.  For now I will just have to do it this way.

Thank  you for your time.

73, Kit

I still can not come up with any real solution.
+ Contact your anti-malware software supplier's support organization, explain what's happening, and ask for their assistance.

Komkit Listisard

Dave,

No problem, I will adapt.   I have a better chance of winning a power ball jackpot then getting anything useful help from Microsoft support :D

I added DXLab directories in an exclusion and even disabled it altogether I am still having an issue.  So, I have no idea what had changed over night.

If I to launch SC from DX Launch I will get 180 sec timed out.  I have to launch it from the short cut icon then waited 5 min then good to go.

Appreciated your support and help.  I will just live with it as long as it is open up I guess I am okay.

73, Kit

No problem, I will adapt.   I have a better chance of winning a power ball jackpot then getting anything useful help from Microsoft support :D

I added DXLab directories in an exclusion and even disabled it altogether I am still having an issue.  So, I have no idea what had changed over night.

If I to launch SC from DX Launch I will get 180 sec timed out.  I have to launch it from the short cut icon then waited 5 min then good to go.

Appreciated your support and help.  I will just live with it as long as it is open up I guess I am okay.

+ If your anti-malware is interfering with startup operations, it will also likely interfere with normal operations - interactions among DXLab applications, interactions with LoTW and internet callbooks, etc.

+ Control your computing environment, or it will control you!

Jon Gefaell

I'm curious, what directory are the DXLab programs installed in?

Komkit Listisard

Dave,

There are things I can and can not control.  I do not know what and where to begin, this hit me like a Mack Truck, never saw this coming.  Like I said, running Windows 10 with DXLab suit for a long time now,  never had any issue.  Until I came home today.

I did start up about 25 programs, personal and HAM related programs - none have an issue.

4 hours in the only programs that having this strange issue are the DXLab,  I will still continue to use it just not closing it down if I do not have to.  If PC or program need to shut down then wait 5 to 10 min, life is good again.   Maybe after "insert programs/files name here" get some update may be it will fix itself.

Until then I will just using it as is, I am okay with it - since do not know enough to know or control what it is that giving me a hard time. It will have to be okay.  I wish I knew.

After ARRL field day if I still cannot resolve this I will just wipe the HDD and start over again and go from there.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

Everything are in their default directories.  Once all the programs are opened up everything is fine no issue logging, spotting and all of that, my usual would be DXK and SC and from time to time I use Commander when I am on SSB or CW.  5-10 min wait is worth it for a good logging software actually.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

Dave,

This is it..

nVidia's GEFORCE EXPERIENCE

Life is good again (without have to wait for 5-10 min)

73, Kit

nVidia's GEFORCE EXPERIENCE

Life is good again (without have to wait for 5-10 min)

+ Nice work, Kit!

+ That application is listed here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationInteference

Komkit Listisard

Dave,

No.  You did a nice work on wiki page.

That is where I found the info.

This was sort of high end gaming laptop, I dont play game anyway.

Had this laptop for 7 months, never a problem like this.  Until Wednesday night I had and update notification of the Nvidia driver update, so I did never thought it would enable the utility.

I was looking at the wrong direction, pointing the finger to the security suit until I found your wiki page.

Now I am curious why DXLab and Nvidia Geforce experience did not like each other.

73, Kit

PS love DXLab suit that why I was putting up with the issue, I knew it will somehow get fixed.