No xmit in RTTY on my K3

Bruce Wade

CW works OK. I set win warb config PTT to xcvr ctrl app and port to none. What Am I doing wrong?

CW works OK. I set win warb config PTT to xcvr ctrl app and port to none. What Am I doing wrong?

+ Have you stepped through the instructions in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/K3PSKRTTY>

+ ?

Bruce Wade

Tnx I followed it and now I have PPT but just a steady high tone. I have checked everything 3 time but I am doing something wrong. Any ideas?

On Saturday, September 25, 2021, 10:55:07 AM PDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

CW works OK. I set win warb config PTT to xcvr ctrl app and port to none. What Am I doing wrong?

+ Have you stepped through the instructions in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/K3PSKRTTY>

+ ?

Tnx I followed it and now I have PPT but just a steady high tone. I have checked everything 3 time but I am doing something wrong. Any ideas?

+ What's a "PPT"?

+ A steady high tone generally means that you have your K3 configured to transmit RTTY using FSK (DATA mode, FSK D submode), but the K3's "FSK  in" signal  (connector ACC pin1) is not connected to a source of FSK data. What do you have connected to this signal?

Bruce Wade

Sorry PPT should be PTT[push to talk] When I was using KCOMM RTTY worked. I have the speaker connector on the computer connected to the line in jack  mono on the K3. I have nothing connection to acc on the K3

thanks for your help.
BRUCE

On Saturday, September 25, 2021, 01:59:21 PM PDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
Tnx I followed it and now I have PPT but just a steady high tone. I have checked everything 3 time but I am doing something wrong. Any ideas?

+ What's a "PPT"?

+ A steady high tone generally means that you have your K3 configured to transmit RTTY using FSK (DATA mode, FSK D submode), but the K3's "FSK  in" signal  (connector ACC pin1) is not connected to a source of FSK data. What do you have connected to this signal?

ve3ki

If you are supplying audio input to the radio, you are using AFSK, WW needs to be configured for AFSK (nor FSK), and the K3 needs to be in AFSK A mode.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 05:50 PM, Bruce Wade wrote:

[...]

Tnx dave that did it