Topics

No Diddle

Arthur Petteway

Using Windows 10, IC-7300 and DXLab.

Have been using RTTY FSK with MMTTY in the passed and it worked great.
Now all I get is a solid tone (no diddle). When I just use MMTTY I get the diddle and it seems to work as it should. In the MMTTY setup I have diddle LTR checked.
Not sure where to look for the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

73,
Art WB4MNK

Using Windows 10, IC-7300 and DXLab.

Have been using RTTY FSK with MMTTY in the passed and it worked great.
Now all I get is a solid tone (no diddle). When I just use MMTTY I get the diddle and it seems to work as it should. In the MMTTY setup I have diddle LTR checked.
Not sure where to look for the problem.

+ Typically, that's the result of the FSK signal from your FSK interface not being connected to the transceiver's FSK input, a malfunction in the FSK interface, a malfunction in the transceiver, or incorrect configuration of the application that controls the FSK interface.

+ Note that while WinWarbler incorporates the MMTTY engine, requests for help with standalone use of MMTTY should be directed to

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2019-06-24 10:58 AM, Arthur Petteway wrote:
When I just use MMTTY I get the diddle and it seems to work as it
should.
If the stand alone MMTTY works as it should, you probably have a
configuration error in WinWarbler:
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ConfigureRTTY>

Note: If you are trying to use the 7300 with EXTFSK and Commander
at the same time, the IC-7300 supports only *one* virtual serial
port. Commander (RxD/TxD) and WinWarbler (RTS/DTR) can not *both*
access that port at the same time (no operating system allows two
applications to open the same port simultaneously).