Newbie Question from an old fart

backhoeken

Trying to clean my laptop up and deleted my old Icom 7600 from MyQTH when the K4 got going.
Had (verified) WAS for everything for 160 -12 and only missing HI on 10.
Did not know the backup button was unchecked.

Now when I check WAS progress hardly anything is present.   Need a little (maybe a lot) of guidance

Thank you
Ken WB8PKK

Trying to clean my laptop up and deleted my old Icom 7600 from MyQTH when the K4 got going.
Had (verified) WAS for everything for 160 -12 and only missing HI on 10.
Did not know the backup button was unchecked.

Now when I check WAS progress hardly anything is present.   Need a little (maybe a lot) of guidance
+ Why did you delete the myQTH you defined for your IC-7600? Don't you have a log full of QSOs made with this radio? I suggest that you restore this myQTH. Make sure the WAS box in this myQTH is checked, and do the same in your new K4 myQTH.

backhoeken

Replies in line prefaced with KB>>> to make it easier to follow

On Saturday, October 16, 2021, 01:30:52 PM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
Trying to clean my laptop up and deleted my old Icom 7600 from MyQTH when the K4 got going.
Had (verified) WAS for everything for 160 -12 and only missing HI on 10.
Did not know the backup button was unchecked.

Now when I check WAS progress hardly anything is present.   Need a little (maybe a lot) of guidance
+ Why did you delete the myQTH you defined for your IC-7600?
KB>>> Did not read not to and I believe in keeping my devices clean for junk

Don't you have a log full of QSOs made with this radio?
KB>>> According to someone who knows more about this than I will ever know - no

I suggest that you restore this myQTH. Make sure the WAS box in this myQTH is checked, and do the same in your new K4 myQTH.

Replies in line prefaced with KB>>> to make it easier to follow

+ To make what easier to follow?

Trying to clean my laptop up and deleted my old Icom 7600 from MyQTH when the K4 got going.
Had (verified) WAS for everything for 160 -12 and only missing HI on 10.
Did not know the backup button was unchecked.

Now when I check WAS progress hardly anything is present. Need a little (maybe a lot) of guidance

+ The ARRL's WAS award requires all submitted QSOs to have been made from the same location, or from locations no two of which are more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) apart. See rule 4 in

http://www.arrl.org/was

+ DXKeeper supports the enforcement of this rule by providing a WAS checkbox in each myQTH. If you have one or more myQTHs defined, only logged QSOs whose myQTH has a checked WAS box are considered valid for WAS.

+ When you deleted your IC-7600 myQTH, all of your logged QSOs specifying that myQTH became invalid for WAS. If you didn't backup your log file before deleting your IC-7600 myQTH, simply recreate that myQTH.

+ Note that there's a similar rule and checkbox for VUCC.

backhoeken

On Saturday, October 16, 2021, 03:46:33 PM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

    Trying to clean my laptop up and deleted my old Icom 7600 from MyQTH when the K4 got going.
    Had (verified) WAS for everything for 160 -12 and only missing HI on 10.
    Did not know the backup button was unchecked.

    Now when I check WAS progress hardly anything is present.  Need a little (maybe a lot) of guidance

+ The ARRL's WAS award requires all submitted QSOs to have been made from the same location, or from locations no two of which are more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) apart. See rule 4 in

>>> ---  All was from one location in Westminster MA.

+ DXKeeper supports the enforcement of this rule by providing a WAS checkbox in each myQTH. If you have one or more myQTHs defined, only logged QSOs whose myQTH has a checked WAS box are considered valid for WAS.

+ When you deleted your IC-7600 myQTH, all of your logged QSOs specifying that myQTH became invalid for WAS. If you didn't backup your log file before deleting your IC-7600  myQTH, simply recreate that myQTH.

+ Note that there's a similar rule and checkbox for VUCC.

--- All was from one location in Westminster MA.
+ OK. You have my recommended "recovery" procedure.