Topics

New VOACAP?

Jim Miller, AB3CV

I remember recently reading that VOACAP has been updated. Would that be reflected in PropView?

Are the VOACAP and ICEPAC plots from local engines or do they come from internet?

Thanks

Jim ab3cv

I remember recently reading that VOACAP has been updated. Would that be reflected in PropView?

+ The version of the VOACAP engine included with PropView is dated 2015-05-06

+ The version of VOACAP available via

<http://www.greg-hand.com/hfwin32.html>

+ is dated 2016-12-07. My recollection is that the 2016-12-07 version does not contain improvements to the propagation prediction engine in the 2015-05-06 version.

+ If you are aware of a more recent update to VOACAP, please point me at it.

Are the VOACAP and ICEPAC plots from local engines or do they come from internet?

+ Those engines are installed with PropView, which runs them locally.