Topics

New user with TS-890S, trouble connecting m,...more

Dave / NR1DX

Also

You can have no other program using that COM port , so for example if you are running ARCP-890 or JTDX/WSJT those will both have to be shut down as well

Dave
NR1DX

On 3/29/2020 8:34 PM, Dave / NR1DX wrote:
Gerry

You have to set the port baud rate in three different places .
1) The TS890 Radio menu
2) DX Labs in the Config area ( in Commander I think not sitting in front of that computer)
3) You didn't say so I will assume your using Windows 10, in device manager under properties� check the baud rate there

Dave
NR1DX

On 3/29/2020 8:04 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Hi all, So I have a new TS-890S and I'm a new user of DX Labs.

+ Welcome to DXLab, Gerry!

I've installed the launcher and all modules. I have Commander version 14.5.3.  I downloaded the Kenwood virtual port drivers and installed.  I am using a USB cable from computer to the USB-B port.  I followed instructions for Kenwood radios found here http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlKenwood. When I connect the radio to the computer via USB, I do see the two comm ports pop up (Com3 and Com4).  However, when starting DXLabs Commander, I get the error that it cannot open the com port.  "Selected com port failed to open".  I have checked all port power setting to make sure they aren't getting powered down.  I must be missing something simple, but I've had no luck after a few hours of trying.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

+ No one else with a TS-890S has reported that behavior. In the error message, what words appear after "selected Com port failed to open"?

Dave
Manuals@...
www.ArtekManuals.com

Gerry KM1MT

I don't believe anything else is using the COM port Dave.  These virtual ports are newly set up for this.  I have not installed any other software.  Thanks!

Steve / W1SMC

Gerry, I'm running a TS-890 with DXLabs without issues.

Are you still having problems?

I also use Commander to swap between my Ten-Tec Orion 2 & ICOM 9700 .... works fine ....

Let me know if your still having issues and I can send you screen shots of my Commander configuration and Device Manager (Port Config data) ...

Steve / W1SMC