Topics

New user - Fantastic Program!

Alan Sewell

Hello All,

A little over a week ago I decided to migrate from DX4WIN to DXKeeper.  I had looked at the DXLab programs in the past but thought it would be a major undertaking to move and get everything right.  It took some work but it went smoothly.

In DX4WIN I had 5 locations set up for various places I've lived over the years.  The last (and current) location was the largest and also contained a number of mobile state QSO party operations mixed in.  After separately importing the five DX4WIN locations to separate QTHIDs I started on the QSO parties.  Luckily I had most of the ADIF files for those QSO parties.  Using my Excel Foo I was able create search and replace tables to use with a program called wReplace to do a bulk search and replace on each ADIF file.  I added a QTHID with state and  county, set LOTW QSL Sent to Y, set the LOTW QSL Sent Date, and LOTW QSL Received to R in each ADIF file.

So, I just had to filter for the QSO party dates and delete those QSOs and then import the modified ADIF file.  That worked great with DXKeeper creating the QTHIDs during the import.

Next was reconciling my DXCC.  That went just as smoothly.  At the end DXKeeper agreed with the LOTW county totals.

I did a little more massaging adding QTHIDs for a few SOTA activations I've done as well as a few QSOs from a portable operations from WY and AR.  I ended up with 296 QTHIDs and now have 93000 QSOs in DXKeeper.

I've enjoyed learning about the program and found every question I had answered in this group.  Now I wish I'd switched a long time ago!

So far I'm using DXKeeper, SpotCollector, and Commander.  Yesterday I learned how to set up an email alarm in SpotCollector and that's working great.

Thank you Dave for a fantastic program!

73, Alan N5NA

[...]

+ Welcome to DXLab, Alan!

Joe - W9RF

Alan,

You will find as time goes bye and you understand the suite of programs, it only gets better.

73,

W9RF - Joe